The Morning

Lothal, 0545 a.m. Aboard The Ghost.

Kanan opened the door to Ezra's room and then wished he hadn't.

"GAAAAH!" He yelled in shock.

Ezra was on his bed with his butt in the air, his hair stuck up in all directions, drool trickled out of his open mouth and on to his pillow. He had one arm underneath his pillow smooshing it into the side of his face, the other arm was hanging limply above his head,a finger twitched. One eye opened slightly at Kanan's scream.

"I'll j-just come back later." Kanan quickly closed the door.

Ezra closed his eye and rolled over. 'Whatever Kanan wants can wait till later.' He thought sleepily. About this time Zeb awoke. The big Lasat yawned loudly and stretched his muscular furry arms.

"Hey kid, you awake?" He asked poking Ezra in the side. Ezra not being a morning person growled deeply.

"Okay I get it not a morning person." Zeb grumbled and went out into the corridor to find someone else to harass. Ezra snuggled further down into his blanket and was starting to fall back to sleep when Hera knocked on the door. "Ezra, I need you to help Sabine move some crates onto the Ghost."

Ezra at this point was getting very irritated. He HATED mornings. 'Wait this isn't even morning!? It's like six in the morning!'  He thought moodily.

"Ezra?" Hera asked. Ezra groped around untill he found one of his boots, then he launched it at the door. "HFSDLFADLHSFAFGDLHGFHDBFVH!!!!" He shouted into his pillow. Outside the door Hera stood there wide eyed and a little stunned. "Oookay. I guess I'll do it myself."

Ezra listened to her footsteps recced down the corridor,he let out a sigh of relief. 'Whats wrong with these people!? I just wanna sleep why's that such a bad thing!?!'  Ezra tensed when he heard footsteps. "Oh no." Ezra mumbled out loud.

"Ezra? Are you okay? Your kinda freaking everybody out." Sabine said through the door. Ezra growled into his pillow. "Go away you crazy person! You've been sniffing paint or something! Nobody, not even the Emperor himself gets up this early!" Ezra ranted on and on untill finally he heard Sabine walk away. In the corridor Sabine gave Ezra's door a weird look and then went to find Kanan. Ezra could hear Sabine talking to the rest of the crew and decided he should go else where for his own good. Grabbing his blanket and pillow he squirmed into the ventilation shaft and crawled to the back end of the ship. There he snuggled up, it was warm here and quiet, soon he was fast asleep snoring loudly. Annoyed at Ezra's behavior the rest of the Crew stalked to his room to find only his boots.

"Where did he go?" Hera wondered out loud.

"Wait. Do you here that?" Sabine stepped in the room. They all listened. "Is that snoring?" Looking up She saw the vent grate had been moved. "He's in the ventilation shaft?!"

"Great we have to listen to that?" Zeb asked a bit annoyed but also amused by what the kid had done.

"How do we get him out?" Kanan asked Hera.

"Well we can't fit in there and we can't turn the heat on." Hera mused. "Chopper's fixing the wiring." She added. Ezra snored even louder amplified by the metal ventilation shafts.

"I'm going on on a walk." Sabine said exasperatedly and exited the room.

"Yeah me too." Zeb followed her.

"Wait he can't stay in there!" Hera yelped. "Kanan you have to get him out!."

"Uuuuh I have some. . . uh very important Jedi stuff to do." Kanan shrugged. "Besides he's just sleeping."

"And making a ton of noise." Hera frowned and rolled her eyes. "I guess I'll go on a walk too."

In the ventilation shaft Ezra happily snored, drooled and sleeped in peace in his new found bed untill the sun was high in the sky.