Surprises!!

Mulai dari awal

After an hour of excitement, they decided to head into town. Shado asked Xael to remind him to stop by the hardware store to get spare keys made, Xael looked at him confused.

"Umm, there's no need to lock the doors. Grams never locks her doors."

"Really?"

Xael had to laugh. "Yeah! Who's dumb enough to break into a Wolfen's house, plus this is tribal land, people aren't like that out here."

"Well, let's skip the hardware store!"

As they drove to the city, the two held hands the entire way. Chatting about what all they wanted and how excited they were. Before they reached the restaurant, Xael received a phone call.

The call didn't last very long. It was a Detective wanting to know if she and her grandmother could come to the station as they had news concerning her parents. Xael was shocked since it had been so long ago. She let the Detective know that she needed to check with her grandmother and that she would be the one calling him to set up a meeting. Call ended, she looked over at her Mate.

"Babe?"

"I need to call Grams." Xael had a somber look as she called her grandmother.

"Grams?" Xael proceeded to tell her everything the Detective told her. She also gave her Grams the number so she could set up the appointment, Xael would take them whenever she was ready. Ms. Emma would call him immediately and set an appointment for tomorrow. She wanted to get it over with and focus on Bonding.

Xael turned back to Shado to let him know what was going on. He let her know if they had any issues to get a hold of one of the guys, especially Houser. In fact Shado let her know he would talk to him that evening and to not worry over it. Xael agreed, right now, she wanted to enjoy the day with her Mate.

Reaching the restaurant, Xael exited the vehicle and patiently waited for Shado. Walking hand in hand into the restaurant, Xael quickly found the Elder Shado and rushed over to him. She surprised him with a huge and tight hug.

"Thank you Thank you Thank you!!" Shado reached the two and joined in a group hug, his dad laughing at all the attention.

"Why would you do something like that? You don't even know me!" Xael was still shocked at the enormous gesture from the Elder.

"Because my dear, you two deserve it and I'm happy for you both! It was nothing."

Xael scrunched her face at him, "You bought us a house, it's more than nothing!" He laughed again and motioned for them to sit. The Elder again was mesmerized by the Omega, especially her eyes now that they had changed over to their mated color. Xael knew that the intensity of the blue was always fluctuating depending on her mood. Now it was very noticeable.

"Shado tells me we're going to meet your grandmother later?"

"Yes! I already told her about you, she's thrilled to meet you and see her great grandson of course!" The Elder Shado didn't want his son to feel left out.

"Nice save dad. I know great-grams is going to be fascinated with Xael just like you are." The two males laughed and continued to talk as Xael scanned the restaurant. She caught sight of the African American couple that they ran into at Target and the Police station. Xael excused herself to go and say 'Hi' to them.

"Well hello again!"

"Well, if it isn't the beautiful woman with the grey eyes!" The man laughed while the woman just smiled at her.

"My name is Xael, Xael Thunder Wolf." She extended her hand to shake theirs but the woman brushed it away and got up for a hug. They both did.  Xael was happy to return the gesture.