fifteen

i caressed her cheek, 'one day, i'll tell you all my secrets.' i said while smiling from ear to ear, and she did too. 'actually, i want to tell you something too. wait, no. i want to ask for your advice.' she looked at me with confusion, but let me proceed.

i nervously fidgeted with my fingers and my toes, rubbing them constantly. 'i decided that, my whole life would be dedicated to victon.' her smile turned to a frown quickly. 'i'm sorry. but that's not the point. they're my bestest bros. but they..' she tilted her head slightly.

'they what?' she said softly.

'my sister was gang rap..'

i couldn't finish my sentence as my heart broke to a million pieces. she couldn't quite get the idea, but realised as soon as a drop of salty water fell down my face. she gasped and covered her mouth with her hands in fear. 'holy shit! why are you asking me for advice?' her eyes started to shine, and it was overflowing with tears.

ring..

ring..

'oppa!' her sweet voice was heard through the phone.

'eunbin-ah, mianhae. jeongmal.'
(i'm sorry, really.)

harin couldn't help but cry. her face scrunched up cutely, but all this was too bad to bear.

'oppa, what's wrong? why are you crying?'

'aniya, what's up?' he tried to force a smile.

'i have a surprise, come home now!'

'but why are you awake? it's,' i paused and checked my watch, '6 am.'

'just come now, and bring harin unnie!'

harin slightly chuckled at her cuteness but tears still fell down her face.

'a-arasseo.' i looked at harin, her head still hanging towards the floor.

'let's go..' she said quietly.

the ride was nothing but silence, we couldn't start a conversation because we were so caught up by the fact that-

yeah.

.harin pov.

i checked my phone again.

06 07
wednesday, 23 december

as we reached his mansion, my heart  was beating harder each beat; it had been a while since i've been here ever since we broke up. i remember the first time i've been here. i was here with a horrific headache and a horrific friend.

well, i mean 'ex-friend'?

choi yena.

her name was so difficult to say, even in heart. tears started to slowly well my eyes, but i covered them so that seungwoo wouldn't get worried. but what was i expecting from someone like him? of course he had to notice my sorrow.

'harin-ah!' he said, shocked. 'what happened? are you okay?' he said with a worried face and his hands on my shoulders gripping me until it hurt.