twelve

.harin pov.

'stop it!' i said, teasingly hitting his arm.

'sorry, jagiya. you're just so cute.'

'aww thanks. oh by the way, minkyu-ya, let's take a selfie while we're here!'

'you know, jagi, that's the first time you've called me by my name since we started dating, but i'm not complaining.' he smiled and my heart pounded, but i couldn't stop thinking about how seungwoo used to make me feel like this. 'yah, are you okay?' he noticed the change in my expression, 'did i make you upset? sorry.'

'no, no. it's nothing. let's just take the pic.'

.ffwd.

'class, who's missing today?' ms kwon asked while banging her ruler on her table.

'seungwoo, again.' jo yuri, the class prez, said with annoyance.

'again?! he's been gone for over a week! is he sick? did something happen to him?'

minkyu and i looked at each other, and in the corner of my eyes i could see yena looking at our direction.

without warning, the door suddenly slammed open to seungwoo with a black hoodie and the hood over his head.

^pretend that's a hoodie

he looked empty. like his life was drained out of his body. mumbles started filling the room. i overheard some, like 'i heard his mom and dad got divorced, that's why he didn't come to school lately.' to worse ones like, 'i heard he got harin pregnant and left her and the baby. but the worst part is, harin aborted the baby.'

i tried to shake those rumors off, and just shrugged my shoulders. seungwoo looked at my direction, where he was supposed to sit next to me, but his seat was occupied by my new boyfriend, kim minkyu. he looked pissed, and took the seat behind mine. he laid his back to his chair and took his hood off.

he looked as if he was about to cry, but he held it in

he looked as if he was about to cry, but he held it in. his eyes finally landed on mine, and we glared at each other, until he suddenly scoffed and looked to yuri and she stared back. til i noticed he winked at her. my heart stung a little, until minkyu noticed me and held my hand tightly. he mouthed an 'it's okay.' and i felt reassured as i pasted a flat smile on my face.