The Hour is Almost here

Alexander

"The castle gates are open and they are letting a lot of people in that have invitations, of course, to witness the crowning of a new Vampire king" Thane reported to Alexander and Jackson. They were having a mid-morning meeting to finalize plans for the attack tomorrow. 

"Yes, they are inviting all leaders. I already got my invite," Enele said from his seat at the dining room table. 

"So did I" Kaleb the werebear King said sitting next to Enele. Alexander nodded  He was surprised the council was allowing a spectacle as great as this for Joel's crowning, He wondered why such the fanfare? Were they this excited to replace him as their leader. All the celebration had him second-guessing if he knew his people as well as he thought. 

"I know what you are thinking milord and from what I have seen of your people, they don't seem excited about the prospect of  Joel leading them...there is something else I think that is causing such a big deal," Thane said his lips pressed in a thin line. 

"What could it be?" Adisa urged from her seat next to Alexander. 

"From what I have been picking up flying in my bird spirit form is that Joel's wife is the cause of such ruckus. She is the foretold vessel" Thane said Alexander frowned at that. He had heard of the foretelling prophecy of the vessel. The woman carrying the one to unite all creatures under their rule. The one who possessed the vessel possessed the child within her bosom. That child could be the death or the rebirth of all things. He had not heard stories since he was a boy and even then he wasn't sure he believed it. 

"Joel has the vessel?" Adisa asked Thane, who simply nodded

"Either he has the vessel or he has managed to convince the council of a lie," Enele remarked looking at Alexander. Joel was cunning enough to fool the council. Joel was a charismatic man 

"The council would not be as too foolish to believe anything they have not seen," Jackson said. Alexander believed that. Something had the council now on Joel's side. This overtaking would be harder than he thought. Zipporah walked into the dining room closing the door behind her. She looked so small compared to all the larger than life people that filled the room, some sitting some standing. He wondered what this vessel meant for him, for their child. Zipporah was not the vessel but she carried their child who would one day be king or queen. Would this chosen child pose a problem for his child? 

"So this is easy...we will have to kill Shia. We can not have a witch like her conceive that child it would doom us all" Jackson said with a shrug. He agreed with his friend its easier to take care of the issue now than later. He opened his mouth to say as much but his wife spoke instead. 

"You can't let an innocent baby die before it even has a chance to live based on fear," Zipporah said angrily pushing her way to the front to be seen. She placed her hands on the table in front of him. His wife still had a lot of humanity in her that was one of the reasons why he loved her so much. She was so pure...annoyingly so sometimes. It was hard to tell his wife no when she looked at him like how she was looking at him now. 

"We assume that the vessel has already conceived what if its a lie? What if we cut Shia down before she has the opportunity to conceive" Kaleb asked the room. Alexander tore his gaze from his wife to look at Kaleb nodding his head toying over his words. They would not be killing innocent if they kill her before she gets pregnant. Even if she was could he chance that child? He had to protect his family at all costs. 

"Oh the vessel is pregnant, I have seen her silhouette with my own eyes. Its but a small pudge, but there is definitely a child within her. You could feel the power even from the distance of my flight" Thane said. This made everything more and more complicated. Alexander looked at his wife who was looking at him with the same pleading eyes. She did not know the ruthless side of her husband. He prayed she would never see it, but he could not allow anyone or anything to risk the life of his family. 

The lies you tellOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara