New way of life

Zipporah^^

Zipporah 

It had been a full month of being a vampire, and Zipporah never felt more alive and alone in her life. She felt alive because her senses were on overdrive. She could do things she couldn't do before. Alone because this new life felt like a curse. She wasn't human, but she still felt very human. Was she undead? That's what she heard vampires be referred to before all this. Which she didn't understand. 

Daemon had explained that vampires weren't the undead; they were just a superior race of people. Vampires born to vampiric parents were the epitome of perfect humans. When they reached their age of maturity, aging stopped for them or instead slowed down. Daemon explained it was a legend that they vampiric people were created after God created Adam and Eve by the devil, who wanted to showcase that he could create a better species. This species lived longer and fed off the blood of the weak creatures God had created. For this creation, God cursed the race to forever darkness. That's why they couldn't walk into the sunlight unless a witch had gifted them an enchanted necklace or ring. But it had to be a strong witch which Shia was. 

Daemon had promised her an enchanted necklace or ring for weeks now, and it hadn't happened. He told her she had to prove herself first. Even though she was banned to the night, she still enjoyed her new life. Or so she kept trying to tell herself. Daemon was nothing but gracious to her, and although he was very attractive and patient with her when he was teaching her about being a vampire...she missed Alexander. Even though she knew he meant to kill her, she couldn't help but ache for her mate, and every time she felt that way, she cursed herself. How weak does someone have to be to miss someone who clearly hated her? But she couldn't help how she felt. She just couldn't accept it.

Another thing she couldn't accept was taking human life. After the first woman, she drained, she just couldn't bring herself to kill anyone else. She only took what she needed from humans when's she hunted, which did annoy Daemon. He was a kill or be killed kind of man, so he killed...often. She wondered if all vampires shared his same ideas. She had not met anymore besides Shia and of course, Alexander and Daemon. He told her in time; he would introduce her to more vampires. He did manage to tell her it was against the law to create more vampires. So for her, he broke the law to save her life. She owed Daemon a lot which was a burden because she saw the lust looks he shot towards her, and she just couldn't get into him like that. She wished she could just forget Alexander and be with Daemon in the way she knew he wanted, but she just couldn't. 

With a lot on her mind, Zipporah stepped out of the small cabin and sat on a tree stump in front. She looked up at the moon as it shined down on her. She felt a lump in the back of her throat. She needed to have herself a good cry. She hadn't cried since everything happened, and it was past due time. She brought her knees up and rested her head on her knees as she succumbed to the tears. She cried for everything she lost. Her life, Alexander, her sister, the sun. She cried because she felt betrayed by the only one who ever acted like they gave a shit....even if it was an act. She cried for the woman she killed... when she was first turned. She had lost a lot in a short period. But she gained a new life. Shouldn't she be happy? She was going to allow herself this time, but after this, no more tears. She was going to take her new life and run with it. 

"Zipporah, your emotions... I can feel them from inside the house," Zipporah heard Shia say from behind her. Zipporah sat up straight, wiping her eyes quickly with the back of her hand. Shia walked up to her and sat on the ground next to the tree stump she sat at looking ahead. 

"You war with yourself...I know the feeling." Shia said, glancing at Zipporah, who looked down at her hands balled up in fist on her lap.

"Please don't take it like I am not thankful...." Zipporah started Shia raised her hand, shaking her head silencing Zipporah.