The chosen one

Joel^^

Joel
"Milord, you have a witch that requests a conference with you," Shia said entering Joel's office in his house. He smiled at his beautiful witch. He liked that more and more rebels from different groups were reaching out to him. People who were disregarded as rebels within their own sect were being drawn to Joel and his cause. Even more so than Daemons failed rebel cause.
Daemon was too brutal Joel was liked and not feared and now that Daemon was dead he was able to attract his rebels plus so many more. He played his part until it was time to unleash who he was really was. He was just as power-hungry as any of them, but this was more personal. Being the king of the vampires was his birthright. Alexander's family stole it from his family years ago, it was time to take it back.  He was sick of waiting for the council to agree for him to be the king. They knew the king and his brother was dead he was next in line but they were still taking forever to appoint him. The king had been dead for three months and yet here he was still not king. It was time to take the crown if the council was refusing to give it to him.  That was going to be the first order of business anyway, was to get rid of the council.

"Milord...?" Shia asked he had forgotten she was there lost in his own thoughts.  He smiled at her walking to her and touching her smooth face.

"Yes, my love I am sorry, you said you have a witch that wishes to talk to me....from your old coven?" He asked Shia shook her head leaning into his touch. She moved their body closer together. She was buttering him up to take this meeting. He wasn't a fool, and pussy did not make his decisions but he was interested in what this witch wanted. He was interested in anyone and anything that could further his cause.

"No, but a friend...will you have an audience with her?" She asked he nodded trusting Shia to only send witches that would help him.

"Please send her in," he said she nodded and a minute later an African American woman entered. She was all business dressed a black knee-length pencil skirt a white dress shirt and black blazer. Her hair was pulled in a severe bun he looks was completed with stiletto heels. She was all business and Joel liked that about the witch already. He stood from behind his desk greeting the witch. She smirked at him ignoring his hand and sitting in the chair across from him.

"So you're the king killer?" She asked. He frowned no one but a select few of his followers and Shia and knew about him destroying the king. He hoped Shia did not divulge this information to her. Shia promised her loyalty to him but perhaps he should be wary about the witch that shares his bed as well as his plans and secrets. Perhaps once she had pledged the same thing to Daemon before double-crossing him.

Joel straightened his tie and sitting picking his next words carefully.
"King killer?" He asked her eyebrows rose smiling knowingly at him.

"Joel... let us not play, I know you think you destroyed your vampire king and his brother...." she started he cut her off,

"I think?" He asked she smiled not a welcoming smile, more sinister. This is why he did not trust witches. Shia included. They saw things and that was oftentimes a curse as it was a blessing. He preferred to deal in the real world not the spiritual. 

"Yes, think. My sister's daughter was staying with her cousin against my wishes her father's people...spirit shifters. We have different fathers. She came back to my coven with tales of a battle...and rumors of wars and preparation. Rallying my witches to side with the fallen king. But what struck me when she returned to me....she returned to me a new woman. I knew she had changed...I could feel another essence in her...." the woman said he frowned not really following.

"I assure you, I am not the father..." he started, she laughed and looked at him disgustingly. She did not care for him that much wad for sure so why was she here?