"They weren't. As far as their neighbors I have talked to were concerned they were pretty much a happy family. They lived with his father's brother who was supposedly a very kind man in the neighborhood. They were good Muslims, helped out in their communities. The normal average family."

"So she just left? Shouldn't she have been happy with that? Something is missing."

"Yes. So the boy she lived with, supposedly they were in love and as you know she couldn't tell her parents that she had started seeing a guy. And she was too young to get married too. So she just decided to ran off with him." Michael explained.

So she could love someone. Karim didn't think she had it in her.

"This was a picture of her the police got when they arrested her."

Michael pulled out another picture. In this picture, she looked like she had been hit by a hurricane. Her eyes were bloodshot, her hair was disheveled and not in a nice way. In a 'I have done some drugs' sort of way. Her clothes looked like they hadn't been washed for weeks.

"She was arrested for possession of drugs. That's how they found out she was the same missing girl. Since she was a minor, she was let go after a lawyer fought that she had been forced by her supposed boyfriend to have it. They returned her soon after."

"That's just, wow." Karim was shocked to say the least.

"I can't really tell what went down with her parents but in less than a month she had disappeared. Again. And this time she went out of the country. Possibly by road to a neighboring country and then took a plane to the US."

That explains her desperation to become a citizen so she doesn't have to go back.

"I see. What else?"

"Well, it looked like she had been hard headed from the very beginning. She was involved in petty thefts, under age drinking and over speeding. She literally faced deportation every time but she was still a minor and so was placed in juvenile detention for a year. Mostly for reforming."

"She's been to jail? Wow. I know nothing about this woman and she knows everything about me. Very unfortunate." Karim sighed. What had he gotten himself into?

"I know. She was released a few months before she turned 18. She came out a bit reformed I guess. She had stopped using hard drugs. She however acquired some tattoos there, and started to dye her hair after she was released."

"Instead of being reformed for the better she just created another version of herself where she is a makeup monster who changes her hair color every minute?" Karim said bluntly.

Michael laughed.
"Precisely. When she was released though she got in touch with her sister. Since they were very close I'm sure it was to set herself straight.
From her call records I dug up, they just spoke up becoming a family again which Zaira was very much against. She didn't want to go back. Zureiya begged her to at least talk to her parents. Be on good terms with them.
After she turned 18 she finally agreed to talk with them.
So they decided to meet with her parents without them actually knowing that they were going to see her. They would act like they randomly met her in the Emirates when they went on vacation. The perfect plan."
Michael sighed.

"She didn't get to meet them, did she? That's when they died." Karim put the pieces together.

"Yes. She had just arrived in Abu Dhabi to meet them. Only to find out they were dead." Michael put the file down.

Karim's face went blank. He still didn't understand why she supposedly thought he had taken away everything from her. He didn't even know her parents. Maybe she just despised him because her parents died in his country. But that didn't make sense. And she didn't have to go through making his life miserable to get revenge. He felt sorry for her loss but it didn't mean he liked her anymore than he did yesterday. She was still very despicable to him.