Last Chapter: Two Lives

6 Years Later

"Doctor (Y/N)."

(Y/N) looked up at her intern who's standing by the door. (Y/N) eyed her sternly, showing her dominance in this field and nodding when her intern informed her that her patient's stats were ready to view.

The intern that stood before her was averaged height, about five feet and four inches tall, with a small frame, and elegant hands that would be perfect for stitching a patient's wound; (Y/N) picked her for a reason... partly because of her natural talent that with right aid, she could easily be one of the greatest surgeons... and partly because she reminded her of Chungha.

Six years... six years past ever since that terrible year... but (Y/N) could never forget any of those events. It's dug deep inside of her mind, showing once in a while in her nightmares.

(Y/N) slipped her white coat on, walking into the room with face like a brick. Her movements were sharp as she analyzed the chart for a few seconds and looked up with a perfunctory smirk that flashed for just a moment. She pushed back her gun-metal spectacles that hid her mischievous (e/c) eyes that sent shivers down the intern's, as well as other doctors in the room's spines.

"Is this some type of joke?" (Y/N) deadpanned, looking at everyone in the room.

She slammed the paper on the table, making many jolt from their spots. "Was I really dragged out here to review a very simple— I'm telling you, very simple surgery that could be done in less than 3 hours when I have another patient who's suffering a tumor on his head that would take almost 24 hours to take off due to its high-risk that could possibly lead them to death?!?"

"Doc—" the intern spoke up.

"What." (Y/N) hissed, her voice sounding stern and hard.

"The patient asked for you and only you."

"And who could this patient be?"

The intern, Dahyun, gulped from (Y/N)'s authoritative atmosphere.

"Jeon Jungkook, Doc."

(Y/N)'s breathing stopped for a moment upon hearing his name. Not once in these years had she heard Jungkook's name ever since that night she'd met Jungkookie.

He never appeared on shows or movies again, he was deemed missing from the police— he was gone, like a puff of smoke... (Y/N) searched for him for a long while, but nothing came up... (Y/N) hovers her hand to her neck, feeling the second star diamond necklace Jungkook had gotten her years ago... she never took it off nor even had the thought of disposing it because it reminded her of her best friend... the real Jungkook, not Jungkookie.

They were so young back then.

All of them thought they had the world, but in reality, they didn't... only chaos and destruction came crashing against them, snapping them to harsh reality.

(Y/N) bit her lips into a thin line as she felt tears dwelling around her eyes before demanding Dahyun where his room was. Saying that (Y/N) was speed walking was understatement; she was running fast, faster than ever before and only stopped when she arrived at his door.

"J-Jungkook?" Her voice quivers, door opening to see Jungkook resting, his eyes closed while his hands laid still on his sides.

(Y/N) gulped the heavy lump on her throat, her (e/c) eyes looked as if an ocean had been encased inside of small glass marbles. Jungkook looked awful— just awful in her eyes. There were multiple scars on his wrists and his face, body, hands, every surface of his once perfect young skin had bruises embedded on them.