Chapter 27: The Predator

⚠️ mild triggering scenes up ahead

February 20, 2019
1:00 pm

(Y/N) remained in a squat position on her bathroom floor, knees pulled to her chest, arms resting above it as her phone dangled in between her hands. Her right thumb hovers her phone screen, pressing apps, and checking her messages.

Her eyes widen.

Jungkook: hey where are you?
Jungkook: I went to the hospital again today and they said that you were released??
Jungkook: please answer me!
Jungkook: (Y/N) answer me. Pick up the phone, (Y/N)
Jungkook: pick up, pick up, PICK UP!
Jungkook: pick up the goddamn phone! I'm freaking worried!
Jungkook: pick up, please
Jungkook: please
Jungkook: pick up
Jungkook: I will find you, (Y/N)

Thoughts are accelerating inside of her head. She wants them to slow down so she could breathe, but they won't and it's driving her mad. 'Over 100 messages, over 100 calls and it's all from Jungkook...' she gulped, feeling invisible hands clasping over her already sealed mouth; an equally ghostly hypodermic of adrenaline pierced her heart as she heard another ding from her phone.

From Jungkook.

"NO!" (Y/N) screamed, smashing her phone against the wall, her screen breaking into pieces. "I'm not over reacting, I'm not over reacting, I'm not over reacting—" she chanted over and over again.

'What's wrong with him?! I get that he's worried but— but this isn't normal!' This is too much! He's never like this!'

Her hands made its way to her throat, feeling a metal string and an ornament in the middle. (Y/N) glances at the object, remembering that this necklace was given by Jungkook not too long ago, but to her, it felt like years had gone by— she had already forgotten that it was under her possession.

Why does time feels so fast?

How many things had already happened to her?

Time had begun to dissolve into itself, as shapeless as the rain she was standing in a couple of years ago. The female was going back to her shared apartment from her first day at The Hostess. She recalls pulling her black hoodie over her saturated form as she saunters in the hard rain, big pellets of water spitting on her head, shoulders, her whole figure as the remainder of the drops quench the scattered puddles, decorating the asphalt. She managed to lift her head up just a bit, hearing scattering footsteps in an empty area.

The memory was so vivid, yet so distant.

She could feel her ribs heaving as if it was bounded by ropes, straining to inflate her lungs. Her head is in a carousel of fears spinning out of control, each one pushing her mind into blackness as her feet took a step one at a time, at a direction filled with cries and screams.

(Y/N) gasped, pulling her shower curtains to hoist herself up from that memory. 'Why... why am I suddenly remembering this? Where is this coming from?' Her hands rested on top of her bathroom sink, her eyes staring at each other by the mirror.

(Y/N) shut her eyelids, welcoming this dark memory back to her mind.

It was dark, barely 3 am in the morning.