The Dress Thats Now Ruined pt. 1

(Age: 15)

You were staying with your sister Ariana in New York for quite sometime. Your mother, Joan, has a business trip, and due to your rebellious past, she couldn't leave you in the house alone for a month.

You were known for throwing parties, underage drinking, graffiti, and so much more. Joan was scared that leaving you alone would make all those rebellious, and sinister thoughts come back. Although, they never left.

So here you are, in the New York traffic. Joan was driving and you were in passenger seat, looking out the window, seeing the many people walk past each other.

"Aren't you excited, Y/n?" Joan asked, a wide smile on her face, but you shook your head. "I could've stayed with Avani or Billie or something." You muttered, but Joan just shook her head. "I don't trust them, I trust your sister. You will be fine. I'm sure it will be fun."

"Be fun?" You repeated one disbelief, "I don't find making dresses fun mom. It's boring and for Grandmas." You said, rolling your eyes and focusing back on the many people of all races.

"Ariana finds it fun, and I'm sure after some time you'll find it fun too." You shake your head, "I doubt it." You mumbled as the car started moving at its usual pace.

• •

Soon enough, you were at a large house. "Get your bags out the trunk, I'll meet you at the door." Joan said, getting out the car and going up the sidewalk. You go to the back of the car and grab your suitcase and backpack from the trunk.

You took a glance around the neighbourhood. It was nice, filled with big houses. You smiled, maybe this won't be too bad after all, you thought. You rolled your suitcase and carried your backpack up the small amount of hill and up to the door where Joan and Ariana were talking.

Ariana soon saw you and smiled. "Hi, peanut. Still so small after all these years!" Ariana said, and reached out her arms for a hug. You rolled your eyes and looked away.

"Y/n, hug your older sister." Joan scolded. "No." You rudely declined. Ariana frowned a bit, but shrugged it off. "Come inside. I made some brownies. You're favourite, Y/n." Ariana said with a small smile.

"Yeah. When I was a kid." Ariana smile faded into a frown. She knew you were upset, but she didn't know you were this upset. She sighed and once again shrugged it off.

She opened the door wide enough for you and Joan to come in. Once you were in the house, Joan stopped and looked at Ariana in the eyes. Poor Ariana, she looked as if she was about to cry.

"Don't let her attitude bring you down. She's just upset she couldn't stay with her friends." Joan said. Ariana hugged her mom.

You looked around the house in awe. It was nice and neat..and white. Not the best for a destructive teenager. The floors were marble, and shiny. Once again, not for a destructive teenager.

"Did you get yourself a brownie?" Ariana asked as her and Joan walked into the living area. You shook your head. "Why is your house so white?" You asked, gently running your fingers against the walls. "It needs some colour."

"You might want to hide anything that could stain." Joan whispered in her daughters ear. You look towards your mother and sister, arching your eyebrows in slight anger. "I'm not deaf mom."

"I just know you. You'll find a way to make the house messy." You rolled your eyes and continue looking.

"Keep a close eye on her, Ari. I mean it. She'll find a way to get herself in trouble. Don't let her stay in the house alone, don't take her to any parties. Keep her away from your artwork, and don't give her anything that could stain." Ariana felt like she was watching a two year old.

"Should I put baby gates up to?" Ariana jokingly asked. Joan chuckled, "if that what it takes, then yes. If she does anything, you're allowed to punish her your own way."

Joan and Ariana catches up while you played on your phone. After sometime, it was ready for Joan to leave, she still had a plane to catch. "Alright mom. See ya. Y/n, aren't you going to say bye to mom?"

"Bye." You said, not even acknowledging your mom. Ariana rolled her eyes and walked over to you, snatching your phone away, she gave you a glare. "Say bye." Ariana ordered.

You rolled your eyes and looked at your mom. "Bye mommy, I hope you have a safe business trip and I'll miss you." You say sarcastically. Ariana rolled her eyes at your sarcasm and said another bye to your mom before she left.

"Can I have my phone back now?" Ariana shook her head. "That was very disrespectful, Y/n. You know, some people don't have moms or someone to depend on. You're not getting your phone back for a week." Ariana said. You gasped in disbelief. Who does she think she is?!

"That's not fair!" You said standing up on your feet. Ariana shrugged and out your phone on the top of the fridge. "It's not fair for you to be so mean to mom." You frowned and sat back down on the couch, arms crossed.

This was going to be a long month.