"I'm scaring her?!"

The Grandmother got up and smacked him on the arm. "Sit down! Get your scent under control!"   She walked over to a small table and grabbed a sage bundle, she lit it and placed it on the table next to Adam in a small cast iron skillet.

"This will help calm her wolf down."  She returned to her chair, her other pup got off the couch and sat in front of the chair so she could use him as a footrest. She inhaled deeply, the sage smoke calming her as well.

"Both of you need to settle down.  She's very sensitive right now and weak." The Elder turned her attention to Adam.

"Adam I'm so happy you came out today. I know you have a lot of questions, we both do. Have you met her parents?"

"No, her parents were killed when she was just a kid, her grandmother raised her."

"I see, was she raised on tribal land?"

"Yeah, how did you know?"

"Just a lucky guess. I have to tell you two something. I knew today would happen. Spirit showed me in a dream two weeks ago!"

"Are you serious Grandma?" Shado's dad was having a hard time with everything. His analytical mind wouldn't allow him to accept the strange and sometimes mystical ways that Spirit could work.

"Very serious! I do not joke about visions from Spirit! Everything has led to this day. You two meeting, you two mating, etc. I will tell you what I know about Dires, but keep in mind she is a special case."

The Elder adjusted herself in her chair. "Dire Omegas are very rare. You can tell them by their grey eyes, they're also exceptionally beautiful. They usually pass as Alphas but that is a form of protection. Being able to shift their eyes to red also helps with the Alpha persona. They can be extremely aggressive and violent when triggered. For them to present or reveal that they are an Omega, requires a great deal of trust. They are as strong as a True Alpha. Now for the unbelievable bits. They can heal but only our kind. How she's able to heal wolves is beyond me."

"She healed a wild wolf the other day."

"I see. Their unmated scent is very potent. Potent to the point that it can cause an Alpha to go Feral, which is extremely dangerous. The Dire Omega would have to shift to defend herself. If she has gotten to that point, then she will kill the Alpha without hesitation!"

Adam threw his head back, now he knew why she was so reluctant to release her scent around him. And why she was afraid of mating him.

"So Adam, she must really trust and love you to allow you to Mate her. Seeing how you're both still alive, she must have prepared herself beforehand and told you what to do for her afterwards?"

"She did."

"And her being what she is, I take it you went Feral when mating her?"

Adam was slightly embarrassed and only nodded.

"Unbelievable..." His dad was taken aback.

"Now! That is all I know of Dires but I have questions myself! Do you know anything about her parents?"

"I know her mom was a Dire, but she was an Alpha. Her dad was....She said her dad was a Spirit Wolf but a Dire also, I don't really understand it. That Alpha that showed up; he's her Grandfather on her dad's side."

"My God...that's not possible. Spirit Wolves? I haven't heard of them since I was a small child. Now those are legends. Tell me more!"

"It's not my first time meeting the Alpha. I met him just after we scented each other."