Chapter 2: Love Is In The Air

Wyatt's P.O.V.

I sat outside the den with my mate, watching some of the pups playing and running.

I am so happy for everything that's happened. We saved the pack, I found my mate, and I'm the new Alpha male. It was a bit strange having full leadership over the pack, but I got used to it.

I know it seems too soon, since we're taking things slow, but I can't wait until I make her mine forever with our ceremony. One day, though.

Before I met her, I was a bit cold and never thought I had anything to fight for besides my pack, but when I met Veronica, it all changed. She brought a whole different side to me that not even my sister saw coming. I was grateful for her.

Every time I feel angry, just feeling the warmth of her hand holding mine is enough to slow my heart rate.

"Luna, can you come play with me?" a young werepup named Vivian that we've grown attached to asked. She smiled and nodded before Vivian grabbed her hand and pulled her along.

I smiled as Veronica began playing tag with the pups and Vivian ran, getting on her back before all the pups tackled her to the ground.

I laughed as I watched the adorable scene in front of me. "Take it easy, little ones. She barely got out of Alpha duties."

Veronica laughed as she got up and began chasing the pups as Vivian clung onto her on piggyback.

That was until a small mud fight broke out due to it raining last night. One of the pups grabbed a handful of mud and threw it as Veronica, who fake gasped and smiled.

Before I knew it, Veronica and the pups were having a fun mud-ball fight. I smiled as I saw the sight of my beautiful mate spending time with the pups.

I imagined what it would be like to see her doing that with a child of our own. I wouldn't want anything more than for her to be the mother of my children one day. She's my soulmate and seeing how natural she was with the werepups made me love her even more than I already did.

I snapped out of my thoughts when a mud-ball hit my arm and I looked, seeing my mate laughing.

"Oh, it's on." I said as I chased after Veronica and some of the pups. I grabbed one and it went back and forth until I noticed it was getting dark.

"Okay, little ones. Time to go to your parents and get cleaned." I told them.

They all laughed and howled before running into the den, going to their parents as Willa and Wynter came over, shaking their heads with smirks on their faces.

"You two are definitely the perfect couple." Wynter commented as I looked at how messy my mate and I were.

"Well, we couldn't say no to the little ones." Veronica replied.

Willa was the next to talk. "Did they behave good?"

"Oh, yeah. Other than a mud-ball fight, they were safe and sound." I replied.

After talking a bit, Veronica and I went home to go and clean up. After we got inside, she went to the bathroom and turned on the bath, filling it with soap.

The both of us got inside the tub and washed ourselves, getting the mess off before I pulled her close to me, the hot water and steam filling the bathroom.

Veronica hummed as she lay her head on my shoulder. I kissed her bare shoulder, before she turned to look at me. She was so beautiful, even more than the moon itself. I was lucky to have her by my side.

She lifted her arm up and placed her fingers under my chin. I smiled as I leaned down and kissed her. She kissed me back tenderly. We pulled away after a few minutes of just making out.