Chapter 9: Surf N' Hang Outs

Veronica's P.O.V.

"I can't believe you're going to go surfing! This is awesome!" Addison said as she and I sat together in the library.

"I mean, he isn't so bad so far. But, I just got good vibes from him unlike his blueberry girlfriend. I've gotten pretty decent feelings from them except her." I explained.

It was then I heard some commotion coming from behind the shelves, making me stand up and check out what was going on. I noticed a couple of self-absorbed, popular girls named Sue, Britney, and Eva picking on the mermaid that Aaron told me was named Ariel Riptide. She's one of the ones that I felt were good people deep down.

Not going to lie, the mermaids had pretty cool names.

"What's the problem?" I asked, getting myself involved in this unnecessary conflict.

"None of your business, alpha girl." Sue replied. I chuckled as I rolled my eyes.

Eva pushed the mermaid to the ground before flipping her hair. "You wanna flirt with my boyfriend? Why would he want a freak like you?"

The mermaid glared at her. "He actually told me he's sick of you because you're nothing but a controlling, toxic bitch."

Before I knew it, she formed some kind of water orb and threw it at Eva, soaking her. She ended up throwing a temper tantrum before I saw her boyfriend, Blake, a fellow pack member of mine.

"What the hell are you doing now, Eva?" he asked.

"This bitch was trying to take you from me. Why have you been hanging around with her? You're my man." she told him.

Blake rolled his eyes before helping the redheaded mermaid up. "One, I'm not your damn property. See, Eva, not anymore. I've had it with your toxic attitude. I can't even talk to anyone, yet you go around, flirting with other guys when I'm not around. And don't think that I don't know about the little affair you're having with your boy best friend. We're over." he said, grabbing Ariel and taking her with him.

Eva began huffing before stomping her foot. She and her friends turned to me, but cowered since my moonstone and eyes were glowing.

"I'm going to give you two options. One, you keep picking on this girl and you will see the much ugly side of me or two, you leave her the hell alone and you won't have to have these babies slashing at those jugulars," I threatened, showing my claws.

They began backing away slowly before I snarled at them and they scurried off. I shook my head, getting ready to go back before I heard my name being called out.

"Great Alpha."

I looked and saw Ariel there with Blake.

"Thank you." she told me. I gave her a smile and nod. "Just doing my job."

Once the both of them walked off, I went back to the table to join my friend again. When I got there, she looked at me in amusement.

"I really hate those girls." she said.

I groaned as I opened up my book. "Their nasal voices and shrieks when they scream literally makes me want to rip their throats out."

Addison sighed before playing with one of her braids she had in her wolf look. "I know how hard that must be for you. You promised to never kill anyone."

"Don't remind me." I said as I went back to studying and working on my homework.

Addison decided to not talk about it any further before going back to doing her own assignments.

Maybe surfing with the mermaids might take my mind off the drama from earlier.

*After school*