CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

Start from the beginning

***************************************
I stare at the door of the little flowery cottage at the edge of the Kingdom. So this is where she lives, where she has been hiding the whole times. I had headed back to the castle quickly, in my office and looked for her address, so here I am. To my luck, everyone was sleeping. I am a bit nervous, who am I kidding? I am a lot nervous, I am scared of the answers I will get and also I need to find answers.

I do not know if I should knock or not but eventually my need for answers and security is stronger.

I knock on the door and wait. I hear light footsteps coming closer to the door. Then I hear the creeking of the door opening, revealing the old lady.

She looks shocked to see me and we continue to stare at each other for a while, one wondering if why I am here.

She then regains her posture

"Alpha King Aedion please come in!" She states as she moves out of the doorway, for me to step through.

I do as I am told. Her cottage was a cozy one with a feminine touch. It was a one story cottage. It had an antique type of vibe in it.

I am led to the lounge area and I take a seat.

"Do you want anything to eat or drink?" She asks

"No, please sit down." I suggest

"Is something wrong Alpha?" She questions as she settles down.

"I need for us to talk and clear out a few things." I say as I look straight into her eyes. They say a person's eyes are the windows to someone's soul. Therefore, I need to look at her for the next conversation we are going to have because I need to see if she is going to be completely honest or lie to me.

"Clear out what?"

I look at her and deserve her. Come to think of it she has the same eyes as mine.

"About my parents." I reply

She now looks a bit nervous and uneasy. I'm guessing she already knows where this is heading.

I sigh

"I don't know where to start from, so I suggest you just tell me everything about your past. Don't leave out everything."

She slowly nods her head as she looks down, suddenly taking an interest in her feet. She fidgets a little and starts playing with her fingers.

I let her settle down and process how she is going to tell me. After all it's also not easy for her to talk about this. It's silent for a while until she takes a deep breath and looks up at me.

"My name is Cliodhna Black and I am your real mother." She takes a sharp intake of breath and continues. "It was some centuries before you were born, I was from the northern territory, B
Narah. I was the daughter of General Macon of Narah. My father was the Head warrior there and the Alpha's most trusted right hand man. He always used to go carry out duties for his Alpha, to the Alpha King here in Asena. But one day, he had a lot of work to do at the pack, so since I was the incoming general he sent me on my first mission to Asena, to sort out some rogue issues. And that was how your father and I met. When we met it was love at first sight." She says this with so much passion and gleam in her eyes. I could clearly see the feelings she has for my father have not faded even a bit.

"We started spending time together and getting to know each other and everyone was happy for us both his parents and mine. However, little did I know his ex was not over him. This woman started manipulating Lucien to the point that we were growing apart bit by bit. But since we were mates, she could not manage to separate us. Therefore, she used magic to separate your dad's royal advisor and his mate after he overheard her speaking to a witch to destroy me. After she did that, she could no longer do the same with me and your father because she heard I was now pregnant with you. Instead she changed her plan and told your father not to see me or talk to me, in exchange to not kill you." She states. She starts crying as she could no longer hold back her tears.