CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

AVYANNA'S POV

"Remind me' why you are doing this again?" asks Rhysand, for the hundredth time now. I don't know for some reason, he seems to take this harder than I thought, he is not liking this idea. On the other hand, Hunter supports me 100%

I sigh and roll my eyes "I now want to just forget everything especially Aedion and put everything in the past." I look at Rhysand. "I really need to start over and have a new life. This is a new chapter for me and for some reason I feel good about it. So the least you could do is support me like a good friend."

He sighs and says "Okay but where will you go?"

"I don't know, I will have to talk about it with my grandparents but I'm thinking of earth, you know a normal mortal life does not sound too bad." I say to him. I really love how the mortals live and maybe in the long run I can find a human that loves me. But I won't get my hopes up.

"Will you visit?" He asks

"Um, I don't know yet. I would love to but I think I would do that after things die down. At the moment there are too many things going on." And it's true; I have an unsettling feeling like something is going to go very wrong sometime soon in the near future ever since I came back from Antarctica but I just can't put my finger on it.

"We are here!" Hunter says as the Asena castle comes in our line of vision. All thoughts about Aedion and I come rushing through my mind. I thought this was going to be easy seeing him again. I feel like letting out some tears, just thinking of how he preferred not having me as a mate.

I mean the mate bond is no longer there and my feelings towards him are not as strong as before, but it still hurts that I was never good enough for him.

We step out of the car and the people that greet us first are a man and woman that are holding hands. They must be mates because they really complement each other.

"Hello I'm Renna and this is my mate Xanth, we are the Beta Royal couple. Please come in, Aedion will be with you shortly."Renna says as she leads us to the castle lounge area. We take a seat on their beautiful couches. Everything in here seems so sophisticated and expensive, whoever designed the interior, really has a good eye.

We wait for about thirty minutes with Renna blabbering about how the castle has its good and bad moments. She even mentioned how Aedion is not always a bitter guy; he just puts on his poker face so he does not have people think he is a joke. Hunter, Rhysand and I would just give each other occasional glances. Renna talks a lot but she is a nice, carefree person even her mate, Xanth. I am currently wondering to myself how they are close to Aedion they are so different from him. After sometime, they were called for some duties and they told us that someone by the name General Conrad will come to call us when Aedion is no longer occupied.

"Is there anyone by the name Avyanna Johnson?" A man with dark hair and a stoic face asks as he steps into the room.

"Yes, it is I" I say standing up

He gives a firm nod as he eyes me up and down "Follow me."

I attempt to follow but Rhysand grabs my hand. I look at him and say "I will be fine."

He reluctantly lets me go and I follow the General Conrad.

General Conrad knocks on the office doors, it become silent for a while then there was an answer.

"Come in!" sounds Aedion from the other side of the door

General Conrad looks at me "You may go in."

I nod and walk in. I see Aedion seated in his office chair, rummaging through some paperwork. The moment I step in he looks up and we meet eye to eye.