CHAPTER FOUR

The Alpha King's castle in the above image
XANTH'S POV

"Where in the world is she?" Says Aedion as he trashes his office and I just sit back and watch. He has been like that for the past two weeks. I told him things will never be the same after a wolf meets their mate. At this current moment, he is having another heat. As a werewolf, after meeting tour mate , you will go into heat for the first time and very often. The process is painful however for werewolves of high status such as Alphas,Betas and Generals its worse, so just imagine an Alpha King. Anyway, he deserves it for rejecting his mate like that. Mates are our Moon Goddess given gift. I really wonder how the poor girl is doing wherever she is.

"Are you just going to sit there and watch me?" He stresses , "I sent a search party for the past weeks and they haven't found her, make yourself useful and go see what's going on." He commands.

I sigh "Yes Alpha as l leave.

For the past two weeks , he has been sending us on a search party for the hybrid because apparently he needs to keep her close and hostage for these type of situations, how selfish, I know right. But that's the problem, when it comes to her its like looking for a needle in a haystack.

" Beta Xanth, we haven't found anything. " says Conrad. He is Narah's general and the most loyal man to the throne I have ever seen. He is very reliable and serious. This guy means business no lie, I wonder how he acts around his mate. This is why Aedion and I chose him as our general because we know that if we are not around the kingdom is in good hands.

"Its okay Conrad, retreat and get some rest because tomorrow, you guys are heading out again, orders from the Alpha."

"Yes, sir but can I ask."

"Go ahead."

"Why is Alpha, so concerned about her, even though he rejected her." He said.

"I don't know." Honestly I wonder that too , although I know the answer to that." You should go now."

"Yes Beta Xanth." Conrad said as he leaves.

Aedion has always been stubborn and it never coated him anything until now. This situation will get really bad because firstly, he will do what it takes to survive even if it means turning, the whole realm upside down. Secondly, Morrigan, has been upset ever since the Kingdom knew that alpha found his mate. Therefore, the hybrid is not only a prey to one wolf but now two blood thirsty wolves and all I can say is shit is about to go down for every supernatural creature.

The most delicate and small hands, that send a tingle down my spine to every bit of my body part, circle around my torso. I feel so calm now knowing that my mate is with me. Seeing this whole situation with my best friend makes me appreciate my mate Renna, more and protect her.

I turn around to look at my beautiful mate. She has darkish blue eyes , that you can struggle to see because of her glasses. Her thick, shaped to perfection eyebrows bring out her eyes and chiseled nose even more. Her thin pink, plump lips make you want to give her a lot of kisses. My most favorite part is her long wavy hair that is brown in color, it is her moon goddess given crown, that just added to her beauty. I love running my hands through it.

"What is bothering you, my love?" Her angelic voice , sounds in the quiet hallway of the palace.

"Oh you know, the same old. The typical routine of go fetch the alpha's mate, I do not find her and then banging and breaking of stuff. Nothing new." I side smile looking into her beautiful eyes.

She laughs"Well then, let's go relieve that stress then."

I quickly carry her and we rush to our bedroom.

***************************************************************

A WEEK LATER

AVYANNA'S POV

Its been a week of this shitty pain and it has finally ended in time for the attack. I was experiencing heat and I got to tell you, it was shit, the heat hurts so much but I would go through that again than to ever be with him. I never beg to be loved. I have changed these past four weeks, I mean I was cold hearted but now my heart is of fire because being cold melts but fire is invincible especially, when it is fuelled from anger. To me anger is better than tears, better than grieve and better than guilt. His mistake was to set fire around me but never letting a flame touch me because what doesn't kill me, better run. 

"Here is your last dose of the pain killers, before you are up and running." Says Doctor Mendez as she walks into the room with a metal tray. The pain killer was a liquid type, that would get injected in my body instead of drinking the pills because in my previous state, I could not even swallow anything. I heard the males get heat but for them it is just frustration whilst for females its worse, it is frustration combined with physical pain, like you would be on fire.

"Thank you." I say as I receive the injection, drink water and then she leaves.

Rhysand walks in" Hey, Hunter told me to come get you for the attack."

"Yes, sure , I was about to come, there." I say ad we walk out of the room I am residing in.

As I walk, I thought to myself about the heat, I went through for the past whole week. Well I'm glad that whole episode is over.

"Me too!" Answers Vanadey.

Oh, I forgot to mention that , for the past weeks prior the heat, Vanadey and I have been getting closer. For the first time ever, we are in agreement. To teach our mate a lesson or two on respect and kindness. You see, the thing is I bow to no one especially if you don't deserve that type of respect from me. The day I met him, I had doomed my way into this mess and now I will doom my way put. I leave by when life gives you lemons, squeeze them into people's eyes and that is exactly what I will do.

For the past weeks, I have been thinking long and hard , and I just realized that my initial plan was to kill him will not do it. I will let him live, and watch me take his kingdom one by one, territory but territory, torturing him with my rule against his when I take over half his kingdom. Basically what I am trying to say is death too, must be earned. I was already damaged with the knowledge of my parents' death. He should have had been careful with how he approached the whole situation because now he messed with a damaged person and damaged people are very dangerous because they know how to make hell feel like home.

*************************************************************

AEDION'S POV

I have decided to give Morrigan and I sometime off because I couldn't handle her tantrums after knowing about how the Alpha King found his mate. Wow!! Gossip gets around so fast, before I even reached NARAH people had already known. Therefore, to stop anymore stress from Morrigan, I promised her to eliminate my mate and we can have our old lives back. This is the truth , I told her and she cooled off and agreed , but what I worry about is that maybe it is not the truth because I'm not so sure if Rowan, will let that happen. However, that is not my ish to care about, I can do this alone after all he is just a wolf. I respectfully don't care. But, I cannot help remember the first time I met her, she looked fearless and fragile. But her fragileness if that is even a word, was not one of a flower but one of a bomb and that alone makes her even more attractive.

Unfortunately, for her that is not enough for me to take down my pride and ego. I was born with an insatiable appetite for destruction and I know with rejecting her, I have just caused exactly that, DESTRUCTION. She is really testing my waters and if you test my waters you better know how to swim. The day my mother gave birth to me, the devil whispered to himself, oh damn, I have competition. Hence, I will show this realm exactly , what the devil meant by that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please vote, share, comment and follow both my wattpad account and instagram account @dutch_essqueen