CHAPTER TWELVE

WINTER(bottom) AND SUMMER(top)IN THE ABOVE IMAGE
AVYANNA'S POV

The whole of this afternoon, I have been out training with Rhysand, Hunter and the rest of the wolves. Today has been pretty intense, Hunter has not been easy on us but anyway we pulled through. I am in my office sorting out some paperwork before I had out for dinner and then sleep. I wonder what the elderly she wolves prepared today. I always get excited for meals because of their cooking, they are very good at their cooking.

For the past months here, I have grown to like the people here and vice versa. We have come to an understanding and compromise, I guess what I am trying to say is that we have finally met half way. I have made a couple of friends with willing she wolves, before it was just Marissa and I but now , I guess its now Avyanna and the three musketeers. Yes that's right , I have made two more friends, Summer and Winter, they are twins. Ironic right? They are twins and they have opposite names but I guess it suites them because they are two whole different characters. You will see what I mean soon.

As for the previous pack leaders, I can say things are good but it could be better. As usual Alrik is the friendly, bubbly and flirt self, who has grown on me and I on him. He has been quite a good friend to say the least. Then Brian and his mate, Mia have adopted to the situation a bit, they still can't stand being of lower rank especially Brian, Mia is just concentrating on her pups, she is also good acquaintance. I can't say she qualifies to be a friend just yet and for Brian he has grown a bit of a soft spot for me ever since he learnt about the reason behind my bitterness and vengeful demeanor, although he begs to differ on how him and everyone else had to be involved in this "love crisis" as he calls it. However, all in all we have been doing good here.

"Avy?" There is a visitor for you." Says Winter as she walks into my office.

"Really, I did not expect a visitor. Tell them I will come after five minutes, I just need to finish off here." I respond.

"He said he wants to talk to you now, its urgent." She says to me with pleading eyes. Wow, I wonder who this person really is.

"He?" I ask as I raise an eyebrow.

"Yes, I think its best you come see for yourself."

I sigh as I pinch the bridge of my nose. What is up with all this mystery.

"Okay, lead me to him."

I walk down my hallway, in the direction of my lounge area. I take a left and follow Winter down the hallway. She was a bit edgy and walk with urgency. She looked like she was going to shit bricks if she continues like this. As we get closer to the lounge, I hear two voices of males arguing. It sounded pretty serious and heated to the extent that I picked up my pace a bit faster to see who it was.

When I enter , I see how there is everyone here Hunter, Marissa, Summer and the previous Alphas. When my head lands to the center of the room, Alas! To my surprise in my lounge there was the one and only Alpha King Aedion who was challenging Rhysand. Both men were on the verge of ripping each other's throats. I could see both of their monsters, were out as their eyes glowed a bright yellow. Looking at Aedion, I was caught in a state of awe. He looked so sexy when he was angry and territorial. His hair was a sexy mess that made me want to run my fingers through his hair. His neck and hands had visible thick veins that just made him extra attractive, than when he is calm.

A shatter of glass, broke my mesmerized state and got me back to reality. I run over to the both of them and stand in the middle as I shout"Stop!!"

Silence fills the room, which only has noises of harsh breathing. I face Aedion and glare at him.

"What in the world is your purpose here at my pack?" I ask him.