PART 17 | all gender toilet

Start from the beginning

Rough voices arise when I pass a doorway. Toilet?

I stop walking and stare at the door. Maybe it's an all gender toilet.

I shrug and place my hand on the knob and walk in.

Alarm bells go off in my head straight away and my eyes widen.

This is not the toilet.

Boys my age are shirtless and dripping wet. Some with towels around their waist and others taking the towels off.

This is the men's changing room.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

Then I recognise the boys as Heath-Side High Basketball players.

God help me.

Biting my lip I tell myself to leave quietly so they won't even notice you've been in here.

I walk backwards then whip around to open what I think is the door but instead walk head first into a wall.

Pain explodes through my forehead. "Mother Fucker that hurt."

All the boys heads turn around.

Oops.

Too late.

"What the fuck are you doing in here?" One asks me.

Rubbing my head I glance at anything but their body's. "I uh- um-"

Another walks towards me. His towel thank god, has not been removed from his waist. "A pretty little girl like you must really want something to come into the men's changing room."

I gulp.

The boys wet dark hair falls in front of his eyes as he nears me.

"What's your name Princess?" His eyebrow raises while he hungrily looks me up and down.

He won't try anything, he won't try anything. But the last time I told myself that, someone did try something.

Keep it together Kennedy. Their just boys. Hot, half-naked, basketball playing boys.

Like Caiden.

Uh. That sounded weirder than I thought it would.

I look him square in the eye, Australian temper running through my veins. "My name is not Princess, it's Kennedy."

The other boys hoot and the word "Feisty," echos off the walls.

The dark haired boy continues toward me and I walk backwards my back pressing against the wall.

"Well I'm Liam."

I bite my tongue softly, and glance at the tiny distance between us, all evidence of the confidence gone. "Ok, um. Nice to meet you. But my friends are probably wondering where I am."

I begin to slide across the wall and to the door but Liam's arms go up and he presses his palms on either side of me.

My heart is racing in my chest, eager to burst out.

"But Kennedy, surely you want something from us? Otherwise you wouldn't be here in the first place."

Liam leans his head down and his minty breath tickles the bridge of my nose.

"I was just- uh- looking- for-"

"Looking for someone that's good in bed?" A boy on the far side of the room cuts me off. 

And the rest of the guys whistle and call out, "I'm your guy."

Liam's voice cuts the hollers, "Shut it Vince let the Princess speak."

I open my mouth to speak again but the door is thrown open and someone barges in.

"Get off her," a deep familiar voice calls and pushes Liam off of me.

"Gee Hurley." Liam puts his arms up in the air. "I was only having a little chat with your girl here. Not to mention that she did come in here first."

Caiden flips him the bird and grabs my hand, pulling me out of there.

Once we're in the hallway and the door is closed he looks at me with concern.

"Are you alright?" He looks me up and down. But not in the way Liam did, instead it's a soft quick motion with worry embedded in it. "He didn't do anything did he?"

I shake my head. Still a little shaken up from how many half naked boys I had just seen.

"Why were you even in there? It clearly doesn't have a toilet sign."

My ears perk up, "Toilet?! Tell me or I will literally wet myself."

Caiden laughs. It's a nice sound, I could listen to it all day.

"You really are something. I'll take you there."

I follow him and as soon as we reach it I hurry inside.

Coming out minutes later I find Caiden still standing outside.

"You waited?"

He pushes himself off the wall. "Yeah."

I look at him as we walk out through an exit door. "Why?"

"We're all going to celebrate at Food Garage."

"Ok, well I have to find Michelle and Julie, their my ride."

He just stands their in the parking lot lamplight. Grinning down at me.

"You took to long so they left already, took Jersey hostage and King and Hayley are riding together."

"Oh." I pull out my phone, ready to call a cab.

The grin falls off his face. "What are you doing."

I look at him oddly. "Calling a cab."

Caiden rolls his eyes and takes my phone off me. "I have a car you know."

"Oh."

He raises his eyebrows again. "Well. Come on."

A/n: 897 reads !!!! Dude. Imma faint.