year three: sirius orion black

Beginne am Anfang

Hope just stared at Milo Bishop as he tried to go on. "There won't be a war, Milo. Don't bring up foolish comments like that."

"There will be a war." he replied, standing up from his place. "We're the four--"

"Voldemort is gone, Bishop." she spoke with words like knives, the subject of him not something she wished to speak of. "And the sooner you realize, the better."

Fred, George, Henry, and Lee laid sprawled out across their dorm

Fred, George, Henry, and Lee laid sprawled out across their dorm. Each one of them was doing something different. Not one of them spoke a word to each other, as there wasn't much to say. They didn't know what to say.

The door to the room creaked open and they all looked over to see Hope walking in, her eyes not bothering to meet anyone else's. "I just need my--"

"Hope, you're here." George spoke, standing up from his bed.

Hope didn't dare look up from her feet, and she didn't speak a word. Henry Hammond, who sat on his own bed, looked from one to the other. He kept looking from side to side until Lee Jordan spoke up.

"Did something happen between you two?"

George bit his lip, before smiling fakely. "Not at all, isn't that right, love--"

"Call me love again and I'll slap you once more, George Weasley." she snapped, walking over to Lee's bed and picking up her sweater.

"Weren't you just telling Hermione how violence was wrong--"

Hope looked over to Henry, and sighed. "You're right, Hen. It isn't the answer."

"You literally hit me!" exclaimed George, pointing his finger in Hope's direction in an accusing manner.

The Lupin girl whipped around, now standing face to face with George. "You deserved that, Weasley. You damn well deserved it."

"What happened?" Lee questioned, looking from one to the other once more. "Can someone please tell me?"

"George and I are no longer together, Lee." she snapped, her greys not leaving George's stare. "Because apparently I cheated on him. Isn't that right, Fred?"

George reached for her hand, only for her to yank it away. "Hope, I was wrong. I didn't realize--"

"I told you, you couldn't just believe me?"

"But Fred told me--"

Tears began to stream down Hope's pale cheeks as she stared at George. "He couldn't have misunderstood? I've never lied to you before."

Silence entered the room as George didn't have a response. He didn't know how to answer the girl, and it was clear that she just wanted an answer.

"Hope--"

Lee attempted to grab Hope's arm but was too late, she slipped out of the room, dropping her sweater behind on the carpeted floor. And once she was out of the room, all eyes fell on George Weasley.