Prologue

"Kill the feral one! She's too far gone to call a mate!" A man screamed as he stormed into a throne room. He came in clutching his right eye with one hand. Four seedy men followed with grim expressions. "Bring me the other one! I'll complete the mate bond with her! Tonight!" Two of the men bowed submissively and exited the hall.

An older woman in a long dress emerged from the side archway. Slowly, gracefully, she approached the throne. Finally he noticed her presence and smiled, "Mother." He called. When she reached her son she calmly used her velvet blue dress to wipe away the blood around his eye. "The raven haired one got me. When she woke she was completely gone. Only her raging wolf remains."

"And the other?" The mother asked in a cool tone.

"She was screaming profanities at me," he grinned remembering her fiery behavior.

"How uncouth." She elegantly crossed her arms in disapproval. "I'll have to reform her. Oh, why did it have to be a rogue?" Her fingers pinched her thin pointy nose.

"The pain of the mark is lessening, maybe her character will improve in time." They smiled at each other. "It won't matter though. After we mate, her wolf will succumb to mine." His words turned dark. "With her submission I'm sure she'll be more pliable."

A glaze falls over his face like an invisible shroud. White knuckled fists form as his face starts to turn a peculiar shade of red.

Thunderous roars erupted out of his muscular frame as his veins rose on his tanned skin. The hairs on the back of his head stood on end. With ragged breaths and shaking limbs he leaped out onto the floor. "FOOLS!" He raged as his body contorted. "ARRRGHHHHH! FIND HER! ARRRRRGHHH" A brilliant white and cream colored wolf replaced the spot the man once stood.

"It's okay my Sweet. We'll find her." His mother sighed into the now empty room. "The witches will do their part," she paused as she plopped down into the smaller throne armchair. "It won't be long before your 'mate' is back in your arms."

**************************

Notes:

***PLEASE DO NOT SHARE OR COPY MY WORK.***

I hope you all enjoyed the short teaser and I hope you all will love this story. All characters, places, story is completely original and is not based on a real place except for the fact that it takes place in North America.

If you don't like background info on how a story is told/structured/clarified in the world of this novel, then just skip the rest of this and continue reading onto chapter 1. :D

1) I gave a different bond, not as strong as the bond between mates, but a bond often shared between family members and close allies. Similar to how people are in real life. Like siblings or best friends that can finish each others sentences. I wanted the wolf side to have their own version through a mutual bond. During the story you'll see examples of wolves interacting with other wolves, kinda like in their own invisible world. It's also how wolves will test other wolves' character. (like how dogs sniff other dogs' butts. lol)

2) Dialogue clarifications:

"Spoken out loud."

"Mind link."

'Internal dialogue.' The wolf half can still hear this part, even though it wasn't directed at them.

'Talking to your wolf.'

3) This story is for young adults or older. There will be some mature language and possibly some scenes too mature for the innocent. ***YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.***