𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT:FORGIVENESS & WITNESSES

FORGIVENESS & WITNESSES

"YOU HAVE A LOT of nerve showing up here, Uley." Echo growled, making her way down the steps towards her friend that she was still upset with. Sam gave the girl a saddened expression, one that only she would be able to read. Carlisle appeared beside of Echo, placing a calming hand on her lower back as Sam handed him a note.

"Alice asked me to give you that. She and Jasper crossed our lands to the ocean last night." Sam explained. Echo looked over at Carlisle as he read the note.

"Carlisle?" She softly asked. He looked at Echo before looking over at the rest of his family that had appeared on the porch.

"They've left us." Carlisle sadly said.

"Why?" Rosalie asked.

"She didn't say."

"Can I see that?" Bella asked. Carlisle left Echo's side to hand Bella the note. As she read it, Echo looked back over to Sam.

"Can I talk to you?" The wolf asked. Echo nodded her head before following the wolf into the woods. They walked together for a few moments, nothing but silence encasing them.

"I'm not sorry for doing what I was born to do, but I am sorry that we attacked." Sam admitted. Echo glanced at him before letting out a soft sigh.

"I know, Sam. Just please, don't do it again. I don't enjoy hurting the people that I love." Echo begged.

"I can't promise anything, but I will try my best." Sam told her. Echo gave him a small smile. A thought then came to her head. Sam watched as she furrowed her eyebrows causing him to do the same. "What?"

"I-" She let out a breath. "You can't tell the pack yet, okay, because I don't know if we'll need you. But, the Volturi are coming after us. And they plan on killing us. So, we need witnesses. You don't have to do it if you are uncomfortable, but I just thought you might want to come if it involved one of your own possibly getting hurt." She wanted to include herself in that category, but didn't want to pressure him on anything.

"And you getting hurt." Sam added. Echo smirked.

"I didn't want my involvement to influence that."

"If any vampire tries to lay a hand on you, you know I'd rip them apart in a heartbeat." Sam told the girl.

"Good. I was hoping that offer was still standing."

"We'll help." Sam nodded his head at her. They stopped and turned to face one another. Echo smiled before giving her old time friend a hug. He hugged her back. When they pulled away he asked: "We're good?"

Echo smiled before nodding her head. "Yeah, we're good. For now, anyways."

꧁꧂