𝐓𝐰𝗼

CHAPTER TWO:TIME OF DEATH

CHAPTER TWO:
TIME OF DEATH

BELLA SWAN LOOKED DOWN at the blank sheet of paper. She didn't even know what to write anymore. She bit on her nail, pen placed in her right hand as the tip of the pen pressed against the lined paper. She ran a hand through her brown locks with a frustrated sigh.  It was a Saturday and Charlie had to go into work today, so she was home alone.

She was trying to come up with something to inform her sister of, but she couldn't think of anything besides the face that she missed her sister and so desperately wanted her to come home. And also the information with the Cullen's, but she couldn't do that. She had promised she wouldn't. Echo hadn't responded to any of Bella's letters, and Bella knew that Echo wasn't going to respond to this one, so why should she even write it?

A knock came at the door causing the Swan girl to let out a sigh. She placed the pen down and made her way out of her room and down the steps. She opened the front door to reveal two officers standing there. She froze. It couldn't be, right?

"Miss Swan?"

"Yes, that's me. Is everything alright?" The nerves started to climb inside of the brunette, and that only got worse when the two gentlemen took off their hats.

"Echo Swan has sadly passed on. We're terribly sorry for your loss."

Bella let out a sharp breath. "H-how?" She stuttered.

"She was shot in the shoulder and stabbed in the neck." The officer hesitantly replied. Bella nodded her head.

"Th-thank you." She closed the door slowly and then made her way up to her bedroom. She closed her bedroom door then slid down it as tears started to escaped her eyes. She started to sob uncontrollably. Bella had always told Echo that she was going to get herself killed, but Echo never listened. Echo Swan never listened to anyone. That's how she got herself killed. Or, at least that was how she got killed at the beginning of 2005.

꧁꧂

Echo Swan and Alaric Jones watched each other's backs as they entered the dark room. Their guns were raised for precaution as they silently walked through the corridors. Alaric looked at Echo who nodded her head. The two went down separate hallways and Echo had to adjust her eyesight to be able to see in the darkness. Echo froze in her tracks at the sound of Alaric's pain filled screams. She swallowed thickly, but couldn't go to check on him. She slowly continued down the darkened hallway, and then, she let out a scream of her own.

It felt like a magma was being inserted into her veins, tearing away at her skin as it ate her from the inside out. And then she was numb. Lying on the floor as she bled profusely from her neck. There was a person standing there, but she couldn't make out their figure. All she could see was the red glow that came from their eyes. Echo slowly blinked until she closed her eyes, letting out her final breath.

But instead of being dead, she was alive. She did die. She knew that because she had felt her heart stop. But she woke up only hours later with a new heartbeat that was slow. Only producing thirty beats per minute instead of the usual sixty beats that her heart produced. To say she was confused was an understatement. Apparently during her "death" she had gained control of. . . something. She didn't know what it was, but she was destined to find out.

She had pushed herself, almost falling over at the sudden strength she had received. Yes, Echo Swan had been extremely strong before, but she hadn't been this strong. And it scared her. And being scared, scared Echo in general. She hated the feeling. She wasn't trained to be scared. She was trained to be fearless. Echo made her way down the hallway. She looked around for Alaric, letting out a sharp gasp when she had found his dead, blood drained body.

She fell against the wall, a hand covering her mouth as she tried not to let out a scream. She fell to the floor, crawling over to the man. She placed a hand on his chest and allowed a single tear to drop from her eye, but only one. She couldn't cry. Not right now whilst she was vulnerable. She leaned over his body, giving him a kiss on the forehead before shakily standing up and searching around for a way out of the Russian building.

She wasn't allowed to leave Russia until she had completed the mission. And without Alaric by her side, she was facing much difficulty. Echo didn't even know that someone had pronounced her dead, but she could feel the pain in her chest as well as the way her throat became raw from Bella's sobs.

Bella. Bella thought Echo was dead. And Echo could feel that emotion radiating from her sister all the way across the world. Echo had made a promise to herself that she was going to come home after this mission was over. So, as she made her way back to the apartment, determination filled her veins.

Echo grabbed her computer and ran her fingers across the keys as she started to research everything. Her main clues: red eyes, blood drained. And of course, the only explanation that popped up was Vampires.

Of course, the mere thoughts of Vampires made Echo scoff. This would be her last resort, but until she was all out of options, she was going to pretend like the creatures hadn't even appeared in her search history.

 This would be her last resort, but until she was all out of options, she was going to pretend like the creatures hadn't even appeared in her search history

962 words
Authors note: A little shorter than the last, but two chapters in one day. That's a record. I'm just really excited to get this book started :)

I hope you all enjoyed! Stay safe! Until next time, bye loves!♥️

@HAHA_LIFEISTOUGH