𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐢𝐱

CHAPTER FORTY-SIX:STRONGEST IN THE HOUSE

CHAPTER FORTY-SIX:
STRONGEST IN THE HOUSE

"BELLA?" CHARLIE CALLED, WALKING into the room where the two siblings were placed. The two sisters exchanged looks before looking back at their father.

"Hi, dad." Bella awkwardly greeted while Echo sent her father a small smile in acknowledgement.

"Are you okay?" Charlie asked.

"Never better. Healthy as horse." Bella smiled.

"You don't turn into an animal too, do you?" Charlie asked, glancing between his two children. The both shook their heads whilst Jacob came up behind them, placing his hands on both of their shoulders.

"They wish they were that awesome." Jacob smiles. Echo sends him a scowl. Edward walks back, grabbing Jacob's attention.

"Let's give them some privacy." With that they left the room leaving the Swan family―︎minus their mother―︎in the room. The three sit down on the couch, Charlie hesitantly starting the conversation.

"Uh. . . Jake said that, this. . . this was necessary. What does that mean?"

"Dad, I really think it would be better-" Echo started, but Charlie cut her off, his gaze directed towards Bella.

"I wanna know what happened to you."

"I can't tell you." Bella shook her head.

"I think I deserve an explanation." Charlie argued.

"You do, but if you really need one, I can't stay here." Bella softly told him. Charlie looked over at Echo, the girl slightly nodding her head in confirmation.

"Oh, come on! No! No more going away!" Charlie shouted, standing up off the couch.

"Dad, you're just gonna have to trust that for whatever reason, I'm alright. I'm more than alright. Can you live with that?" Bella begged him, standing up after him.

"Can I live with that? Well, I don't know, Bella. I mean, I just watched a kid I've known his entire life turn into a very large dog. My daughters look like my daughters, but don't." Charlie huffed. Echo frowned before deciding to stand up as well.

"Can you just believe that we'll tell you anything that you need to know." Echo spoke up, looking at her father with pleading eyes.

"And I don't need to know this?" Charlie asked. Echo shook her head.

"No. Really, you don't." Echo softly said, her voice stern as she spoke.

"Well, I'm not gonna lose you again. Both of you." He said as he looked at his oldest child. "I can't."

"Then you won't. I promise." Bella told him. Echo sent him a small smile. He embraced Bella into a hug. He pulled away and then gave Echo a hug.

"I missed you both, so much."