𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN:IMMORTAL CHILDREN

IMMORTAL CHILDREN

"WHERE IS MY SISTER when I need her?" Echo huffed, looking at Emmett, shaking her head slightly.

"Oh come on, E, you know you love my company." Emmett smirked.

"I like Jasper's company better than yours." Echo told the boy. He slapped a hand on his chest, opening his mouth in mock offense.

"Take that back." Emmett pointed at her. Echo smirked at him.

"Not a chance."

"We can do this the easy way, or the hard way."

"Hard way is what I'm professionally trained in." Echo dared. Emmett's eyes narrowed into a playful glare before lunging towards Echo. Echo quickly brought him to the ground, his arm pinned behind him as she placed her knee in the middle of his back, refraining him from getting up.

"What have I told you two about fighting in the house." Carlisle chastised as he glanced up from his work.

"She started it." Emmett said, his voice slightly muffled from where his face was mashed into the carpet, though the vampires could hear him clearly.

"And I finished it." Echo smiled. She forced herself up and held out a hand for Emmett to take. The boy grumbled before allowing the girl to pull him up. Just as they did so, Bella, Renesmee―︎who now looked like a six year old even though she was only a few weeks―︎and Jacob came through the door. Bella looked confused and slightly panicked. Echo sped up to her.

"What's wrong?" Echo quickly asked. And so, Bella explained. Their cousin in Denali, Irina, had come by and spotted the three just as Renesmee had jumped up into the sky to grab a snow flake that had been falling. This resulted in Carlisle calling the Denali coven. Echo was holding Renesmee on her hip, the young girl enjoying the presence of her aunt.

"Tanya convinced Irina to come reconcile with us." Carlisle explained.

"Well, it looks like she changed her mind." Edward mumbled.

"Seeing Jacob must have been too much for her." Echo stated, looking at the young girl in her arms before sending her a small smile.

"I wish I could have just spoken to her." Bella sighed. Echo sent her sister a reassuring smile.

"She's family. She'll come around." Carlisle assured the brunette. Edward sat down at the piano and started to softly play. Renesmee, intrigued by the sound, held a hand to Echo's face causing the brunette to nod before letting her down. She ran over to her father, sitting down beside of him. Bella leaned against the piano whilst Echo sat across from Carlisle, continuing their game of chess they had started earlier in the day. Carlisle was winning, and Echo didn't like it.