𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE:GRADUATION

GRADUATION

TODAY WAS THE DAY, Bella was going to graduate. Bella had begged for Echo not to wear her leather jacket, she had begged for Echo to look nice. And because Echo loved her sister, she decided to wear a dress. It was a navy blue dress that went past her knees along with black heels. She wore red lips, per Bella's request, and she curled her hair so that she looked presentable. She turned toward Bella with a huff.

"Happy now?" Echo asked. Bella smiled as she nodded her head.

"You look really beautiful, E. A certain someone won't be able to keep their hands off of you."

"Do me a favor, and never say that sentence ever again." Echo cringed. Bella laughed in amusement before leading the way down the steps. "I'll see you in a minute." Bella nodded and left the home in her truck. She looked at Charlie who was dressed up as well and offered a small smile.

"Ready?"

"As ready as I'll ever be." Charlie mumbled. Echo laughed before grabbing her keys and walking out of the house. They quickly made their way to the graduation ceremony, sitting down in their seats. And then it started with the valedictorian, Jessica Stanley, going up to to say a speech.

"When we were five they asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up, our answers were things like, astronaut, president or in my case a princess." A chorus of laughs flowed through the crowd. "When we were ten they asked us again we answered, rockstar, cowboy or in my case a gold medalist. But now that we've grown up they want a serious answer. Well, how about this, who the hell knows! This isn't the time to make hard, fast decisions. This is the time to make mistakes, take the wrong train and get stuck somewhere, fall in love...a lot. Major in philosophy, because there's no way to make a career out of that. Change your mind and change it again, because nothing's permanent. So make as many mistakes as you can, that way someday when they ask what we wanna be we won't have to guess, we'll know."

Echo thought the young girls words over, and a soft smile came across her face as she joined in on those who were clapping. They watched as each and every student was called up to receive their high school diploma. When Bella was called on stage, both Charlie and Echo stood up, clapping for her. Bella turned to look at her sister who gave her a wink as well as a smile. Echo sat back down and her thoughts started to overwhelm her.

Finally, the ceremony was over and people started to file out. Bella walked over to the two and Echo stood up, a proud smile on her face. Bella gave Charlie a hug first and then she turned to Echo. Echo engulfed her sister in a hug. "I'm so proud of you, Isa." She gave her sister a kiss on the top of the head before pulling away. Bella smiled up at her.

"Thank you, E."

"I'm going to the car." Charlie informed. Echo nodded her head and watched as he walked off. She turned back to Bella, looping her arm into hers. The two sisters walked out to Bella's truck. Echo opened the door for her sister, allowing her to enter the vehicle. She closed the door and Bella rolled down her window.