𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

CHAPTER EIGHT:AN IDEA

CHAPTER EIGHT:
AN IDEA

THE SWAN SISTERS SPENT the rest of the day together. Catching each other up on things that have happened in their lives, Echo leaving out the part where she had died. She had told Bella about Alaric dying, but she left out the part where he had been drained of all his blood, not wanting to scare her sister. Of course, Echo didn't know that Bella knew all about vampires, nor did Echo know that the Cullen's were vampires. But that was going to change soon, much sooner than anyone was comfortable with.

The two girls sat on Bella's bed, bringing up memories and just laughing until they couldn't breathe. They both had to admit that it felt amazing. To be near one another again after so long, they didn't want to leave each other again.

"I know we spent all day together," Echo started, "but I wanted to spend the weekend with you? I mean we don't have to if you have plans, but it was just a suggestion. I know you're still getting used to me being around-"

"Echo."

"-but I've missed you, ya know? And honestly I'm still waiting for you to punch me in the face-"

"Echo!" Bella yelled. Echo closed her mouth and looked at Bella with furrowed eyebrows. "Yes, we can hang out. Besides, we have to find you a job so we might as well do that."

"But I just got home from my job." Echo whined, falling back onto the bed. Bella looked at her and laughed.

"Well, someone's gotta work in this family."

"Hey, Charlie works!" Echo pointed out. Bella rolled her eyes.

"Let me rephrase that," Bella stated. "One of us has to work because money doesn't grow on trees."

"Maybe if we believed hard enough," Echo suggested. Bella laughed.

"I've missed this." She smiled. Echo looked at her and smiled as well.

"So have I."

There was a moment of comfortable silence before Bella broke it. "What did you think of Edward?"

Echo let a scowl on her face. "I didn't like him."

"Oh god." Bella groaned laying down beside of Echo. "Why not? He's a nice guy."

"That's what they all say," Echo grumbled.

"Come on, E." Bella whined, turning to face her. Echo turned on her side to face Bella as well, a glare on her face. "Why don't you like him?"

"His eyes. I don't trust him. Nor his family."

"You haven't even met his family." Bella rolled her eyes.

"Exactly," Echo smiled. Her smile then left her face as she turned on her back. "I had a bad feeling when I saw him. His golden eyes, his pale skin, the air around him is freezing. If I didn't know any better I would say he was a vampire." Bella froze. "But of course, vampires have red eyes and. . . "