𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐎𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE:THE TALK

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE:
THE TALK

ECHO HAD STAYED UP half the night filling out papers for work. She had went ahead and sent Bella home, telling the young Swan that she would be there later that night. She never showed up. She ended up falling asleep at the Cullen's home and had woke up the next morning profusely apologizing to both the Cullen's and Bella―︎who had a panic attack when she found her sisters room empty. Luckily, she didn't have to work that day.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty."

"So you know who sleeping beauty is but you don't know who Inigo Montoya is?" Echo groggily mumbled. She turned over and nuzzled into Carlisle who was sitting beside of her, reading a book.

"He's the "You killed my father, prepare to die" guy, right?"

"I feel like a proud parent." Echo lazily smiled.

"You need to get up."

"I don't need to do anything." Echo mumbled. "I should get up though." She finally opened her eyes and turned to lay on her back so that she could see him. He closed his book, placing it aside as he looked down at her. She sent him a smile. "Hi."

"Hi." He smiled back. Echo sat up, running a hand through her hair. She leaned her head back against the backboard and turned her head to look at him. "How did you sleep."

"Best sleep I've had since I was fifteen." She answered. She let out a sigh before forcing herself off of the bed. She was surprised to find a bag lying on the floor filled with her clothes. She turned her head, cocking an eyebrow at Carlisle who just sent her a smile. She grabbed the bag before taking it to the bathroom. She quickly took a shower, got dressed, brushed her teeth, and threw her hair into a ponytail. She walked back into the bedroom, Carlisle still sitting there.

Echo quickly slipped on her shoes. She looked around for her leather jacket and stopped when Carlisle was standing in front of her. She looked up into his golden irises, cocking an eyebrow.

"Leaving so soon?" He quietly asked. Echo smirked. She wrapped her arms around his neck as he wrapped his own around her waist.

"I need to go find Bella so she doesn't kill me for not coming home." Echo answered.

"She's home. Alice went over to arrange both yours and Bella's alibi's for the battle."

"Mine? I'm not going into battle until you tell me who the hell the Volturi are." Echo's voice was stern as she spoke. Carlisle sighed before nodding his head. He led her back over to the bed and the two sat down. Echo's full attention was on him.

"The Volturi are like royalty to the vampires. They're the ones that create the rules and they're the ones that do something about it if a rule/law is broken."