21: punchpunchpunch

PoV: Jeon Jungkook

"Seokjin?"

I couldn't believe my eyes. Right in front of me, a man was sitting, that man, hair no longer purple but blonde instead now.
He didn't look up but I had already seen his face, knowing it was him. How couldn't I know?

"Seokjin, please look at me.", I tried again in somewhat of a whispery voice, squatting down next to him.

"Jungkook, what are you doi-"

"Not now, Taehyung. Go back to Jimin already, please.", I cut one of my best friends off while still looking at Jin.
He didn't react so I cupped the blonde's face in my hands, gently turning it towards myself.

"Mhh nu-uh.", he mumbled, squeezing his eyes shut >< to avoid seeing me.
"Jin, just because you can't see me doesn't mean I can't see you either."
He pouted which caused me to chuckle lightly. Gosh, I've missed him so much.

Since he still refused to open his eyes but also seemed content with my hands on his cheeks I sat down next to him and put an arm around his shoulders.
"You can't ignore me forever."

Jin seemed not to share my opinion and kept on facing straight forward with his eyes closed.

"I'm going to kiss you if you don't look at me right now.", I claimed impatiently and couldn't help but grin as Jin remained in his state.
"Oh?", I said and leaned over to him, stopping an inch away from his face.

Finally Jin opened one eye. "..Why aren't you doing anything? You said you'd kiss me.."
"Fooled ya, I just wanted you to look at me.", I grinned, being left with a pouty jin featuring puffed and flushed cheeks.
"That's so mean, you know that, right?"

Besides his cutesy I could basically hear the insecurity dripping from his voice so I quickly responded. "It's not that I don't want to kiss you, Jin, believe me I've thought about doing that every single day. But I figured we should talk first? Or at least answer some questions?"

Seokjin looked at me bewilderedly.
"You thought about kissing me?"

"Uhm.. yeah? You didn't?", I asked, now growing more insecure myself.
To be honest, I didn't really know how to handle the situation, in fact I didn't even realize what was happening. Was I really talking to Jin right now? After an entire month? This couldn't be real, right?

"Yes, I did.. But.. why didn't you stay in contact with me then? Actually, never mind, I don't think you want to stay in touch anyway."

"Why would I not want to stay in touch with you?", I asked in confusion.
Of course I did, I had wanted to be with him nonstop for the last few weeks. Why would he think otherwise?

This was the first time Seokjin was actually looking at me, intentionally and not forced, making me fall for his beauty all over again. However, his soft brown eyes and and entrancing features were soon contrasted by a quivering bottom lip and furrowed brows.

"You didn't text me or call me or whatever! I have heard absolutely nothing from you ever since we saw each other the last time and now you're acting all gentle and boyfriend-ish? Don't do this to me, please, I know you played me. But I guess it was my fault for being as stupid as believing this had been more than a hookup."
His voice cracked lightly and tears started to rise up on his waterline; he looked at me with such anger and sadness in his gaze that I really thought I had heard the sound of my heart breaking.

"Jinnie..", I tried to respond but he just covered my mouth with his hand, despair written all over his face.
"Please don't try to soothe me or anything, you'll make it worse. I couldn't handle you treating me like your fucking boyfriend when all along I was just a one nightstand. Don't do it again now, I'm begging you."
A small sniff followed.

I gulped, pulling my arm back again and tried to get him to listen.
"Can you do me a favor and listen to me?"

"Why? So you can pretend to make my heart whole again when you're actually breaking it further?"

"Seokjin. Just be quiet now, okay baby-"
We both stared at each other, processing what I had said.

Then Jin started to punch my chest.

"I told you-", punch, "not to-", slap, "play with my-", hit, "feelings, jung-", punch, "kook-", punch punch, "stop hurting me! >:(", punchpunchpunch.

Jin was fully crying now, keeping on slapping against my upper body, leaving no physical harm whatsoever.
But it hurt me, deep down, that he didn't want me to call him "baby". He didn't give me a chance to explain myself even though he completely misunderstood.

As the cries quieted down and Jin had grabbed the half-empty chips bag, that had fallen onto the ground, out of frustration, I started to speak again when he couldn't interrupt because of the snack:

"Jin, you weren't just a hookup to me. You are so much more, even now."

[a/n: it's been a long time since I've updated but seriously who is surprised at this point, lmao. I hope you're staying safe in quarantine, if it helps you feel free to comment what you're doing and how you're dealing with everything :).
For me it has been kinda tough and I also have my graduation finals in two weeks - it's a lot to manage.
So don't expect too many updates, I'm sorry :/.

Also: I have an ongoing stray kids fanfic so if you're a stay, please check it out :)]