Soothing Soul

Adeline's POV

" You okay?" Meryl asked me as she sat next to me. I just smiled a bit.

" I am fine. How is Pris?" I asked her.

" She is still sleeping. The effect of medicine is still on." She said. I nodded.

" It will be hard to handle her when she will wake up." She said and I sighed deeply. I nodded.

" I am here. Don't worry." I said to her. She patted my head before hugging me tightly.

" God gives you strength to go through all these." She said and I hugged her back. " You have to stay strong, Lina." She said softly. " For your siblings. I saw Louis was crying in the backyard hiding from everyone." She said. She nodded smiling sadly. I nodded and stood up.

I walked toward the backyard and found Louis sitting lonely on the backyard. I sat next to him. He didn't turn but hide his tears.

" Is everything ok?" He asked me. I ruffled his hair.

" Are you okay?" I asked him. He looked at me and chuckled.

" Of course. What's wrong?" He asked me.

" Are you hiding it from me, sweetheart?" I asked him.

" What are you saying?" He asked me. I pulled his cheek and put my head on his shoulder. 

" You know Louis when you were born we were very young. Dad told us that he was going to bring us a little doll. We thought it would be a little sister but it was a baby boy. I still remember the day you were born. I was very angry with Dad that he didn't brought my sister he brought you." I said and chuckled. He hold my hands tightly. " You know Dad said that you will be the biggest strength for us one day. Still I wasn't convinced. I didn't like you a bit. But Pris was so happy to have you. One day your mom wasn't at home. You were crying so hard. Your nanny wasn't able to calm you down. I was irritated with you and I reached you. I started to shout at you but weirdly you didn't get scared of me instead you started to giggle clapping your hands. I don't know what happened me that day. That was the moment brought us closer. I think it was great that it was a brother. You know I love you a lot. I want to be with you in every situation,every ups and downs. I want to be your shield and I want you to be my strength. You shouldn't hide it from me if it's hurting you. I will always give you my shoulder to cry like you did before." I said and he hugged me tightly before sobbing. I kept patting his back. I let him cry. It will make him feel better.

Few hours back...
Calvary Jhon James Hospital
Canberra, Australia.

I was sitting in the hospital lobby with Louis and Danny. I wasn't able to take it. How has these happened all on a sudden?!! I never thought I will see this someday.

" Lina!!!" Louis said holding my hands. I looked at him and he smiled a bit at me. I couldn't return it this time.

" Who is the family members of Mr. Bronwyn?" The nurse asked and we stood up.

" Come with me. Fill the form and complete the formalities. You can take the body then." She said. I sighed deeply.

" You stay here with Lina, Danny. I will go and do it." Louis said and he nodded. Louis walked with the nurse. I kept looking at the ceiling and I

" Lina, I don't know what to say this time." I said.

" It's ok, Danny." I said to him and he kept holding my hand tightly. I chuckled.

" I am fine no worries." I said to him.

" Ma'am." I found dad's PA James.

" How did these happened, James?" I asked him.

" Ma'am, we had a meeting with Mr. Denver. I couldn't come with Sir last night for a personal issue. But didn't think that would be the biggest mistake of my life." He said and I chuckled.

" It was written in our fate, James. You didn't do anything wrong. Don't blame yourself. It's not your fault." I said to him.

Every single memories of my father was flashing on my mind. I felt my head was blasting. My heart was weeping blood but not a single tear drop was shedded. I felt my emotions and feelings got frozen. My tears were betraying me.

" I did the formalities." Louis said and I looked at him. He was trying to hide his emotions hard.

" Ma'am, we should go now. They will hand the dead body to us." James said and I nodded weakly. I was going out of there when my phone started to ring. I checked the caller ID and looked at it in horror.

" Pris!!!" The word left my mouth and the boys turned to see me.

" Hello, Pris." Louis took the phone and picked it up.

" Louis, where is Lina? You checked the news?! What are they saying?!" She asked worriedly.

" We will talk to you after you come back. Please try to understand." Louis said.

" No. Clear it out. What happened to Dad? Where is he?" She shouted.

" Give the phone to Tris." Louis tried to handle the situation.

" No. Talk to me. You can't hide it from me. You heard me?" She asked him.

" Hello... Hello... Pris.. can't hear you...hello..." Louis hung up and switched the phone off.

God please help me. Help me. Please help me. We got in the ambulance. We were going back to our hometown. The city where my dad grown up. Where he always wanted to rest in peace. I touched the coffin lightly.

" I love you, Dad. You will always be in my heart." I said to my heart softly.

In present...

Louis slept putting his head on my lap after crying for awhile. Tomorrow is the funeral of my father. I don't know if I can ever overcome the pain of losing my father. I was looking at the sky. My parents are somewhere there.

" I love you both." I said softly.

I don't know when I was slept sitting there. I woke up when a soft light was kissing my face. I woke up and found Enrique sitting next to me. I looked at him for awhile and he opened his arms for me. I jumped on him and hugged him tightly before the uncountable teardrops slipped down my cheeks. I started to sob. He just kept saying ' Everything will be ok.' Suddenly I wanted to believe it really will be okay. His words soothed my soul.