PAAAARTYYYY!!!

"So you are wearing casuals, right?" I asked Courtney again.
"Ok, I am saying this for the last time now. Yes. Its not a party, its just a get together. Nobody is going to cars even if you come in pajamas." she answered.
Not that this is good, but something satisfying about irritating her over the phone.
"Alright, see you there then."
"Wait, who are you coming with?" she asked.
"Damien of course."
"Ooooohhhh. Damieeeeen of couuuuuurse." she teased me.

Like a middle school girl.

"Court, when the fuck are you gonna stop teasing me about him? We are just friends." I snapped back at her.
I wish we weren't just friends, I wish so badly that we were more, but right now the last thing I want between us is awkwardness.
"Neeeeveeeer." she said and cut the call.

"Real mature." I said.

I took a nice bath.
I had just come back from inspecting the new office for editors room and some other technical stuff. And that office was kinda dusty. So I took a nice shower.
Then I just changed into some casuals and put out some food for Pebbles.
Its wonderful how fast she was growing now. But she still was a lil kitten.

I picked up my phone and saw Damien's message.
'Coming in 5.'
Recieved 2 minutes ago.

I immediately picked up my key and my phone, kissed Pebbles and left.
I hate to keep people waiting even for a second.

His car stopped infront of my building just as I got down.
"Did you calculate the time and then started to come down or is it just a lucky co incidence?" he asked once I was settled and he had started driving.

"I calculated."
He lightly chuckled and shook his head.
"Did Evans contact you?" he asked suddenly.

My eyes widened and my throat went dry at that question.
"No. Did he contact you?" I asked hurriedly.
Please be no. PLEASE be no.

"No."
I let my lungs relax.
Thank God.
"Then why that question?"
"Just checking. If he would have then we would have taken this turn, gone to his house and beat him to death before going to the party." he replied.

"Uhh, no. We would have gone the other side to the police, complained about it and then go to the party." I said back.
"We could have atleast stayed to watch him get arrested." Damien said with a fake disappointed tone.
"No, that would mean we would have to miss the party." I said in a suggestive tone.
"But honey?" he said further.
...
...
Did he...
...
Did he just?...

"I am sorry. I don't know where that came from." I heard him say.
"Oh no issues. Relax Damien." I said back.

Relax.
Relax.
Stop fidgeting with your key.
Relax.
Why aren't you breathing? BREATH.
BREATH.
It was nothing.
He just accidentally called me 'honey'.
He just called me 'HONEY'.

You know how when you first lock eyes with your crush you get giant t-rex sized butterflies in your stomach?
Yeah.
Just imagine now that he also called you honey.

What are you feeling now?
Yeah, I too have an entire space rocket flying in my stomach right now.

If this car doesn't stop in next 5 minutes I will throw up.

Luckily I didn't.
The remaining 10 minutes of the drive were mostly silent. I tried to break the tension by explaining how the new office looked, but it was obvious that he was too embarrassed.
Only in the last few minutes of the drive did he relax.
He relaxed.
But I couldn't.

I was immediately hit with a small of pizza and peri peri spice when I entered Ian's house.
"She's heere." Shayne practically jumped on me.
"Y/n. Who is more important to you- me or Courtne" he asked once he let his hug loose.
"Why? I asked pushing him away.
"Dude I am offended. You didn't hug me." Damien said.
"Not now Damien, this is more important. Y/n, me or her?" he brought back the attention to me.
"But why are you asking that?" I asked again.
"Just tell him. " Court said. She was sitting on the sofa with others and I could see from where Shayne had left his place.
"None, Ian is my favourite." I said as I sat down next to Sarah, and Damien sitting on the other side.