Mentoring Shourtney... together! 1

Beep... Beep... Beep...

I shoot open my eyes as my alarm goes of.
Not much has changed in mornings since my transfer. My alarm tone is the same. The morning sun rays peeping through the window is the same. Even my night clothes are the same. But one thing that has definitely changed is my mood.
I get up from my bed, instantly dreading the cold weather. I am not essentially a "hot" person, but warmth of sheets is something that never ceases to appeal me.

I reach the office 5 minutes earlier, as usual. Matt and Ian are the only ones here, as usual. Next up, Courtney.
I reach the editor cave and instantly sink into my cinnamon chai and video editing. Today's video was one where these people were playing ' We've got crabs'. I checked my e-mails that had come from defy.
"Try to incorporate Shourtney content more. It significantly shoots up veiws."
What kind of people are they. But then Shayne and Courtney have a certain dynamic which is really fun, and to an extent cute.

I heard footsteps behind me and saw Spencer and walk in and plop down his chair.
"You ok there Spencer?" I asked him
He turned his head first, and then slowly his chair. That was such an 80's move.
"Yup, just tired."
"You know its still morning, right. Didn't you sleep well yesterday?"
"Couldn't. That stupid brother of mine kept talking about his new girlfriend. Couldn't shut him down. Had to listen to all of that crap." he complained with a visible irritation.
"Its ok. His happiness must be worth it." I tried to cheer him up.
A slow creeping smile on his face told me i was of some use.
"Yeah. I was the wing man ultimately. It was just good to know i helped him find THAT happiness." he said.
His stress on word 'that' made me chuckle. I turned my chair around and started working on the video again.

"Y/nnnnn." I heard and immediately my chair was turned around. I saw Ian standing there.
"Hey dude, wassup?" I tried to match his enthusiasm.
"You wouldn't guess it. We just uploaded the game video you were in yesterday. People are loving it. Did you read the comments?" he said

Oh yes. It was to be uploaded yesterday. I totally forgot about it.
"I can't say i have."
"Then read them you dingus."

I minimised my editing window and immediately went to YouTube to see people's comments. I don't know what to expect. But i have learned to keep my standard low when it comes to me.
I reach the comments section and see that Ian has already pinned a comment. It was more like a conversation going on.

I loved the video.

More than the video i loved watching Damien and y/n play.

They both were coordinating like they have been playing for so long and practiced so many times earlier. ♥

Yo Smosh, why didn't she have a camera on her? I wanted to see her.

I lived how they played this damn difficult game like it was nothing. That was some good gaming. We all would like to see more of it. ♥️36

Bring y/n Infront.

So they liked it. Oh my God! They didn't hate me.
"So what do you say?"
Ian was standing behind me, watching intently.

"About what?" I asked, although somewhere i knew about what.
"Should i talk to defy about bringing you to camera?" He displayed a genuine excitement, which i hated.
"I don't know ian, i don't think i can.."
"Oh shut it. You are so good, the viewers are loving you. What else do you want?"
"I guess, but it has just been one video. I don't think one is good enough of a judge." I said.

It is easier to get misguided with one fake encounter.

"So i won't be calling you everyday, just ones in a while you know."