Mythical: Our ray of hope.

It has been about month since I first did voice over now.
I love it.
Absolutely love it.

We went over to many other companies for it and now we both are editing and doing voice overs simultaneously. I edit while Damien is recording and he edits while I am recording.
Now that Spencer is back, it is just easier for both of us. All of us.

But today was a big day.
We were sitting in a polished office.
I zoned out while starring at the mickey mouse clock infront of me.

Oh! I am zoned out right now.
Should I return?
No. Its ok. Moreover we are just waiting anyway.

"Hey!" Damien shook me.
"You zoned out?"
"Yeah, I realized that." I said back.
"I still can't believe we are going to work for Disney." he said, failing in his attempts to look calm.
His constant fidgeting always gives him away.
"I know. This is too much for reality."

In the one month of my new career, I and Damien were a famous pairing.
Chad thinks it is because we already have known each other for some time. I don't know how is that supposed to make sense but it is better than nothing.

This project at Disney, a short film is given to us based on our first voice over. Apparently those students sent it here for a competition or something, and these people really liked it, so now a Disney sponsored sequel of the video is being made.

After we were done, we got in his car and drove back.

"So, how was it working with Disney again?" I teased him.
Not many people are allowed to make joke about it off camera, but I can.

"Ha ha. Humour out of my pain. Funny." he said back.
"Don't you quote shows now." I pointed my finger at him.
"You can not just casually use such golden lines in a car conversation" I said.
The car stopped at the red light I switched on the radio.
After some lame jokes about shape of a comma, finally a good song started playing.
Young volcanoes.

One of the biggest things that bond me and Damien was our liking for Fall out and Panic at the Disco.

We both turned up the volume immediately.

"Tonight, foxes hunt the hound..." we started together.
We looked at each other and instantly laughed. Its creepy sometimes how well we coordinate. Not that I am complaining.

"We aaaaaare wild, we are like young volcanoes,"
We started again.

I don't know if we can be nostalgic about present, but that is what it felt like. I knew it was the first time we were singing out loud in public, well sort of public. I also knew that this is going to be one of my favourite memories.
So I stole all the nectar I could.
It felt like Courtney's quirky side took over me for that song.

Courtney.
Shit.

"Damien, lower the volume!" I yelled, so that he could hear me over the song.
"Whyyyy?" he made a weird face, but obeying none the less.
"I have to call Courtney."
"Why?" he seemed toned down now.

"Today they had a meeting with Mythical." I said while sifting through my contact. I should put her on my speed dial.
"OH YES!" Damien got excited again
"how did it go?" he asked.
Really?!!
"I was with you the whole day Damien. How am I supposed to know?"
"Oh yes. Sorry." he switched back his attention on driving.

"hEllO?"
"Hey court. Where are you?" I asked.
"MytHIcal. WHy?" she said on the other end.
"How was the meeting?" I asked. Through my peripherals I could see Damien's constant turning.
"It wAS goOd. LIsteN, COmE at IAn'S plaCe at 7"
"Why? Everything ok?"
His head was now fixed on the road. But I know he still has all his senses towards me.
"jUst coMe. Oh, aNd brINg DAmien alONG."
And then she hung up.