Our voice-overs

I saw him running away.

I ran behind him to stop him, but I couldn't catch up. He kept running...

Suddenly he turned back and looked me in my eyes.
I stopped.

He stretched out his arms, inviting me in his warm embrace, but just as I was about to reach him, something caught my hand.

I turn back to find who, but I see only his hand in this darkness.
Its a man.
But who?

I try to wiggle free, even tried to bite his hand, but couldn't.

I COULDN'T HAVE DAMMIE EVEN IF I WANTED TO. I COULD REACH HIM BUT I COULDN'T.

"I knew you didn't love me."

"No, Damien I love you." I cried out.

"Then come to me." he said with a stone cold expression, but his voice filled with emotions.
"I, I can't..."
And before I could even say anything more, he disappeared.

I woke up immediately. My eyes took an eternity to adjust to the beam of light peeping in through the window.
I realized it was a dream.

This is not good. Damien is now coming in my dreams way too many more times than needed.

But...

Today's dream was...

Why was it so scary?

Maybe because I am with him always.

Yup, that's right. Damien and I have been hanging out together since our first accidental Naruto nights. Since about a month now.

I don't know what took us so much time to do that.
I don't mind getting friend zoned if it means finding a friend that understands me like my own self.

Its been just a month and we already complete each other's sentence.
I mean, how many friends can do that?
The initial bonding was just over cats and Naruto and talking about Defy, but gradually we discovered how much we have in common. Its freaky sometimes, but it is there.

We do differ, no doubt. But we decided not to fight about it.
Shayne and Courtney do get insecure about us sometime, but then
You make your own demons😈.

I pull over below Damien's house and give him a missed call.
We are going shopping today. Mrs. Hass's birthday is coming up and he needs a gift.
Thank God we partly did today's work yesterday.

I was uploading my story about Pebbles when Damien opened the passenger seat and got in.
I tried my best not to look over, but his new cologne was disturbing me.
The old smell was perfect. There was no need to change it.

"Hey." he greeted.
"Hmm" I replied. Too busy right now.
"Come on. Drive. We have to be back soon." he reminded me.
Oh yes.
"Just a sec. I have to upload this." I said without lifting my head up.
"Gimme. I will do it and you drive." he said and took my phone away.
I didn't oppose.

See, that's how close we are now that we don't mind the other operating our phones either.

"You really think she will like it?" Damien asked me while we were having our waffles in the food court.

That is how he is. He will do something good and will keep second guessing it later.
"For the 12th time now Damien, yes. She will absolutely love it." I said with an irritated voice.

"Why didn't you buy anything?"

Oh no.
What do I say now?

Not working on a paying job and spending on Pebbles really had taken a toll on my bank account.