Damien and me.

"Damien get yo ass away from Shayne and let Court sit there." Ian mockingly yelled at Damien.
"Oh no. So sorry Court. Trust me, I am not trying to steal him from you." Damien teased Courtney while getting up.
This was a common scene in the office now. Jokes were being circulated that Shayne stole my best friend and Courtney stole Damien's. Even the fans were calling out to Damien about it.
Luckily I was still not a part of any other video and hence still oblivious to the community, otherwise i too would have had people asking me what am I doing now that my only friend is busy.

I was brought out my thoughts by Jacob entering the meeting room.
Jacob Evans.
What the hell is he doing here?
I could feel all the eyes turn towards me momentarily. I couldn't do anything to stop it, so I just studied my pen like it was the most interesting thing in the world till it passed away.

We waited for everyone to settle in around the conference table, so that 'the dude' could begin spewing poison at us.
"Everyone here? Can I start now?" his raspy voice hit my ears. That sudden rush of anger and fear returned as quickly as it always used to. Like a reflex.
"So, good job love birds, your little publicity stunt worked. The views are getting stronger." he said coldly.
Without thinking, I heard myself say "it's not a stunt. They genuinely are together."
Oh no. I did it again.
Why do I keep going against him? It was the right thing, no doubt. Somebody had to, but...
He looked at me and slowly lifted his head from his laptop.
A sly smile crept on his face, giving me goosebumps.
"Good. Good for them." he said maintaining that smile. I clenched my fist on hearing that, but then immediately felt a hand on my fist.
It is then that I noticed that Damien was sitting next to me.
His hand on mine was so comforting that all my tensed emotions relaxed.
I relaxed my fist and expected him to remove his hand too, but he didn't.

I am not complaining.

After an entire hour of wasting our time with him telling us where we are going wrong, I just wanted to get up and stab him with my pen.
"That reminds me.." he looked at me.
Wtf!!
"...the board has decided to allow you to get y/n on some games videos. But only some." he shifted his gaze to Ian saying this.
Oh sjit! Ian actually proposed that to the board!
Damien's hand lightly clenched mine and he slowly said "congo girl."
From the other side, I heard Spencer congratulate me too.
What the hell are they congratulating me for? This is nerve wracking.

The meeting ended and I ran away towards Smoffice as fast as I could. Can't handle being around that jerk anymore.
Back in the office Courtney, Shayne, Ian, Matt, everyone was congratulating me, and the more they were doing that the more I was freaking out. And this was just the squad office. The games office was still left, and I would go there, definitely.

Since Shourtney became a reality, I haven't been engaging Courtney a lot, because I don't want to be punched in face by the most buffed up person in the office. But this is waaaay too serious.
I break Courtney away from Shayne mid conversation and drag her to editors cave.
"What the hell am I supposed to do now?" I asked her.
"Don't worry. If he comes for you, we will kill him."
"What?" I asked. I don't think she is talking about the same thing as me.
"Jacob. You talked back to him for us, right? That was so sweet by the way." she said and hugged me.
"Aw. Don't mention. But i am not talking about that. I mean about me in videos." I cleared it.
"Oh. Hey, you are cool. People are going to love you. Don't worry." she fruitlessly tried to comfort me.
Our tennis of my tension and her comforting me went on for a while, after which she gave up and forcefully took me to games office.
"Why are we going there now?" I asked the moment I realized where she was taking me.
"For your shoot, silly."
"Wait, I have a shoot today?" I force stopped us.
"Yeah. Monday and Wednesday is games shoot day." she said.

I am still blank on the events that led to me sitting on the stool on the set, but there I was.
Courtney left the moment I sat down. I will deal with her later.
Tim came to the table, and explained the game to us. There was no need though. I was the one who edited the first video of 'We have got Crabs'.
I was partnered up with Damien, our tell being scratching our nose, but it counted only if it was followed by raking of hairs.
I looked at him, sitting across the table, talking to Wes.
"Damien." I called out, as low as I could.
He looked over.
"Dude I am freaking out."
"Relax y/n. You will be great."
"I am not even wearing presentable clothes. I look like a mess." I said.
"Girl," Boze, who was sitting next to me interrupted "you already look bomb. If you put on better clothes and any more makeup than this, nobody will focus on the game. All the viewers will see only you. So shut yo ass up." she said and everybody laughed, including me.