fifteen | couldn't win

THEY WERE WAITING FOR JOHN B to meet up with Sarah to get the map when the storm started to roll in

     THEY WERE WAITING FOR JOHN B to meet up with Sarah to get the map when the storm started to roll in. Carson sat with her legs extended across JJ's lap while Kiara and Pope sat across. While Pope and JJ were just amused by the fact that John B insisted on meeting with Sarah alone, Kiara and Carson were annoyed. Involving Sarah in the hunt for the gold was never part of the plan. And then John B caught feels.

"So," Pope said to break the silence. "When's the wedding?" Carson shot a glare in his direction as JJ just laughed.

"Are we really going to start this now?" Carson said. He went to open his mouth to respond but she beat him to it. "Go on, Pope, make another joke. See what happens." He immediately shut his mouth and put his hands into the air like he was surrendering. "That's what I thought." 

"You know, for someone so cute and small, you can be really scary," he said. "Must be why you like her. You need someone on the same psycho level as you," he directed at JJ.

"Who are you calling psycho?" the two of them said at once.

"Wow. You guys have been together for what, like, two minutes and you're already in sync," Kiara said.

"Creepy, right?" Pope said.

"Okay, you can both shut up now," Carson said. JJ had just started telling them about how Rafe and Kelce had chased him at the Midsummers party when Kiara realized something.

"Wait, do you guys hear that?" she said.

"What?"

"Please, somebody help!" It was Sarah screaming.

"Oh, wait, no, I hear that," JJ said before they all got up to run to see what the problem was. When they saw Sarah leaning over John B on the ground, they just sprinted faster. It was supposed to be a simple meet up. 

"Sarah, what happened?" Pope asked. 

"I don't know what to do. He needs help. Topper shoved him," she told them.

"Where the hell is he?" JJ demanded. 

"Please, please. Please get help," Sarah cried. "I don't care who. Just call someone!" JJ pushed Pope to run back to the van to go call someone. Sarah looked up at Carson with a desperate look on her face. The way she was holding onto John B showed how much she truly cared about him. "John B, stay with me." She pressed a gentle kiss onto his lips. "Please don't leave me." 

In that moment, Carson realized that maybe her fight shouldn't be with Sarah. It wasn't her fault her dad what he did. Besides, she didn't even know about it. She was still a Kook, but she was also her sister. It just made her inner conflict more difficult.

"Okay, well then it's settled. Welcome to the family," were the words that Carson heard when she walked into John B's hospital room. She went to go visit him to see how he had been doing after the fall, so the last thing she expected was to hear those words. She saw Ward and Sarah with John B and her stomach dropped.