thirty-nine | in the process

THE NIGHT HAD TOOK A TURN for the worst since Rafe and Barry showed up

     THE NIGHT HAD TOOK A TURN for the worst since Rafe and Barry showed up. They no longer had the time to be with each other without a care because now they were forced to fight again. At that point, it meant both fight to clear John B's name and also fight to stay alive. Rafe was unhinged and they didn't want to find out what he was capable of.

"Look, if Rafe and Barry know, it's only a matter of time," Kiara pointed out.

"Before everyone knows," Pope added.

"I told you," JJ said as he paced around. "We should've just gone south, man."

"Just stop it," John B said, trying to calm him down a bit.

"Why does no one ever listen?" JJ said in frustration.

"I get it!" John B said. "I get it. I understand." He understood that JJ just wanted to make sure they were all okay, but he also understood that the blond-haired teenager could be impulsive and reckless.

"I have an idea," Sarah chipped in. "With me back, my dad's going to have to choose between me and Rafe." It was clear that they all had this thought in their heads about what it meant now that Ward knew Sarah was alive but no one wanted to say anything about it.

"Sarah-" John B started.

"He's gonna choose me," she stated.

"Just please listen. Ward keeps lying to you, Sarah," he tried to remind her. Carson frowned as Sarah looked defeated by the truth. She didn't understand what kind of relationship Sarah had with Ward because hers was obviously not the same, but she did understand the disappointment.

"Sarah, he's not gonna agree after all that's happened," Kiara said.

"No. I- I know it sounds crazy," she said.

"Yeah, it does."

"I know!" Sarah said. "But he's my dad, and I know him, and I know he loves me. I'm just asking for two hours." Sarah glanced over at Carson and by the way she had a look of uncertainty on her face, Carson had a feeling what was coming next wouldn't be good.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Carson asked. Sarah hesitated before finishing the rest of her idea.

"I know you hate him and he doesn't deserve anything from you, but I know he cares about you. He may not be a dad to you but you're still his daughter too," she said. "I think... I think if you tried to reason with him too, he might change his mind." Carson was in disbelief at Sarah's new suggestion. Based on the way her conversation went with Ward at the police station, she was sure that he would never take Carson's opinion into consideration.

"I don't think anything I have to say will change his mind," Carson said.

"Maybe if you just tell him you forgive him, it'll make him rethink things," Sarah said.