fifty-seven | what else

IT WAS DRIVING CARSON CRAZY to be stuck without doing something because it made her feel like she was of no use, which JJ was feeling too

IT WAS DRIVING CARSON CRAZY to be stuck without doing something because it made her feel like she was of no use, which JJ was feeling too. But, when it came down to it, maybe John B was right that it was better for them to be in there in case something happened and they ended up needing back-up. She sat side-by-side with JJ as they waited for everyone else to come back, which they hoped would be soon.

"So, what do you want to do now?" JJ asked. He looked over at her and smirked. "Wanna make out?"

"You really want to make out right now when our friends are out there risking their lives?" she asked.

"They made us stay back, so that's on them," he said. She stared at him for a moment before eventually shrugging.

"Why not?" she said. She wrapped her legs around either side of him and leaned down to press her lips against his. He grabbed her waist as he pulled her closer, letting his fingers slip slightly under her shirt to press against her hot skin. They continued kissing for a while before Carson pulled back and looked at JJ. She didn't know why she had this sudden fear, but maybe it was the situation that they were in that made her uneasy. "Promise me you'll never leave me."

"I promise," he said immediately. He couldn't imagine his life without her, so it wasn't even something that he could think about. He reached up to push a loose strand of hair out of her face. "When this is all over, we'll go traveling, just like you wanted." She smiled, remembering the elaborate story she had made up for herself. It had mostly been a joke but part of it didn't sound too bad.

"Oh, yeah?"

"Yeah, just me and you," he said. "Hawaii, Bali, anywhere you want."

"And we can get eloped," she teased. He laughed.

"I thought you wanted Pope to be our flower girl?" he joked.

"I think he'll understand," she said.

"You think your mom will approve?" he asked. She wrapped her arms around his neck and smiled at him.

"You already know how much she loves you," she said. "What about your dad? You think he'll approve?"

"Yeah, I'm sure he loves you for breaking his nose," he said. She laughed and shrugged.

"He deserved it," she said simply.

"He sure fucking did," he agreed. She laughed and went to kiss him again, but before she could, Pope was there telling them to open the covering. Carson jumped up from JJ's lap to take the covering off to let them back in.

"You guys good?" she asked.

"Yeah, we're good," John B assured her. After he got through, she went to put the grate back on, but Pope stopped her. She was going to ask why but the answer came when a random girl appeared in the opening.