thirty-three | all want the same

OF COURSE NOTHING COULD BE EASY as a rainstorm rolled in

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

     OF COURSE NOTHING COULD BE EASY as a rainstorm rolled in. It was like even the elements were against them as they tried to clear John B's name. Truthfully, it felt like everything was against them at this point.

"Nice camera. Where'd you dig up that relic?" JJ asked. Pope had an old camera pointed at the surf shop where Ward and Gavin were scheduled to meet, ready to get video evidence to prove to Shoupe that they were right about everything. "Why don't you just use your phone?"

"Well, first of all, I like my antique electronics," Pope said. "Second of all, this is a telephoto."

"Which means?" Carson asked.

"It allows me to get a close image from far away," he explained. 

"Lord of the dorks," Kiara joked.

"For definitive proof of witness payoff, we're gonna need quality glass," Pope defended himself.

"I'm not gonna question the genius of the group," Carson said. "As long as you get it on video, I don't care what type of ancient electronic you use." Unfortunately, Ward and Gavin disappeared into the building so they were going to have to move to a higher location to be able to get anything. JJ led them over to a ladder up to the roof of the building, which gave them a perfect spot to get Ward and Gavin on camera.

"Ward just handed Gavin something. I think it's a duffel bag," Pope said. "Gavin doesn't look happy about something. It looks like he's yelling at Ward."

"Why?" Kiara asked.

"I don't know, but he sure looks mad," he said. Clearly that anger escalated because then Gavin and Ward started fighting. "They're fighting over something. Ward's kicking the shit out of Gavin. Holy shit, Ward's got a gun."

"I bet that's the murder weapon," Kiara said. Carson didn't trust Ward with the gun and the reason behind that occurred only a few seconds later. They all gasped as the gunshots rang out.

"Oh my God," Carson said.

"No, no, no, no. That did not just happen," Kiara cried out. Ward had already done so many horrible things, but it was like the list just continued to grow each day. Carson wasn't sure he would ever be capable of redeeming himself, especially to her. She would have already thought poorly of him, but with the perspective of being his daughter, it just heightened her opinion.

"Tell me you just got that," JJ said.

"Enough to put this asshole away for life," Pope said. Another gunshot echoed in the storm, and that must have been the one to end it because Gavin did not get up after that. "Hold on, he's coming out. There he goes. I think he's looking for the gun. I think the gun just went down the drain. He's looking for it." Kiara climbed up onto the wall to look over.

"What're you doing, Kie?" JJ asked.

"What is wrong with you?" she screamed down to Ward. "Murderer!"

young blood | outer banks | JJजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें