XXVIII

Meanwhile

A distant growling was heard from a distance. A unsettling feeling enveloped the Dragon Slayerss as the roars grew closer. The ground started shaking as a dangerous new foe appeared. Everyone stopped nervous of what was heading their way.

    Unbeknownst to everyone, Khaleesi's wounds slowly healed themselves. Each puncture slowly being stitched together by her muscles. The color slowly returning to her. Her senses slowly returning to her. Her hearing was the first to return. She heard the distinctive roar from the distance. She heard the conversation of Sting, Rogue, and Mard Geer. Then her sense of smell. She could smell the scents of the voices she heard. She was also able to smell the new foe.

     The Dragon Slayers knelt on the ground reacting to Acnologia's presence. Then they felt another intense power coming from a different location. Immense power radiated through the area causing shockwaves from the sheer force the power had. The ground started to shake and crack from the pressure.

     "Impossible. I killed you! How did you manage to cheat death, human?" Mard Geer questioned in shock. His smirk no longer remained on his face. While kneeling down Sting and Rogue turned to see who Mard Geer was talking to. Their eyes widened in shock as they saw where the power was coming from. There stood Khaleesi with glowing teal eyes and markings spread on one half of her body. The markings moving in intricate patterns. The twenty-ringed seal only half visible. She slowly walked to the direction of Acnologia.

   "No matter. I will just kill you again. Now stay dead, pest!" He stated in anger as he launched his rose curse at her. She held her hand out to the side in his direction. She turned her head as her glowing eyes pierced his in an intense glare. "I don't have time to waste on you. Now get out of my way!" She said in a menacing tone. She shot a massive attack at him. Mard Geer's eyes widened in shock at the sheer power of her attack. His body flung back colliding with a pile of rubble.

This power was stronger than what she had previously used when fighting him. The power she held was far stronger than what anyone had felt from her before. Before Sting and Rogue could get back to their feet and greet Khaleesi, she had vanished. This left the two men stunned. Both equally speechless from what happened.

     Everyone stopped staring at the two dragons fighting in the sky. Confusion had swept through everyone, unable to tell if the new dragon was friend or foe. Natsu stood speechless after Igneel appeared. The pain the Dragon Slayerd experienced had faded. Natsu used his flames and soared in the air to Igneel. Both dragons stopped seemingly distracted by Natsu's interruption.

      Khaleesi smirked finding this the perfect opportunity to make her move. With a charge of her power she leapt into the air at a fast pace, her image barely visible to the human eye. She charged her fist with immense magic before appearing on Acnologia's back and smashing it in between his wings. He roared out in shock and pain. The attack sent him hurdling towards the ground sending massive shockwaves. The ground below collapsed under him leaving a massive crater. Khaleesi stood on the ground glaring at her estranged father.

     People looked on at the fight. They gasped as a major strike appeared out of nowhere and struck Acnologia down. Everyone looked on in shock as they braced for the aftershock. Natsu's eyes widened as he saw Khaleesi glaring at Acnologia from the ground. He blinked a few times to figure out if what he's seeing is real. Tears started to fall from his eyes in shock. The only explanation he could conjure up is, that this is Khaleesi's ghost.

Power radiated off of her in waves. It was an eerie showdown filled with high strung anticipation. As much as he wanted answers from her. He wanted answers from Igneel first.