I

A figure draped in a black hooded cloak stands on a cliff overlooking the glistening waters of the ocean. The pushing and pulling of the waves reminds them of the constant strain the last years have been on their body. Each year has gotten harder and harder to manage but they do it anyway, not for themselves. No, for their family. The ones that rescued them, gave them a place to seek refuge, people that no matter their past were gladly welcomed with open arms.

The glistening of the water against the bright sun giving them a shimmer of hope. Hope that with each dusk there is a new dawn. A dawn where everything will return to normal. With the hope that their family will return to them safe and sound. The ocean reminding them of that day they left. The day everything changed. The day that tradegy had struck upon them.

The memories of that day and the years that have passed flashed through their mind. If only they knew why.

Why father? What was your intentions?

Fists clenched tightly, knuckles turning white from thinking of who caused this whole devastation that struck them and their remaining family.

If only I knew. If I was there, would I have been able to stop him? Would I have been able to change the outcome? Damn it!

And just like the waves washing against the shore, a wave of guilt washed over them.

The sound of footsteps awoke them out of their stupor. "Khaleesi is it almost time?" The figure looked down at the small beige feline.

"Yeah. We should probably head back to check up on everyone. Plus I could use a drink before the council comes beckoning again." The figure replied. The figure left the cliffside with the feline companion by their side.

~Time skip~

The pair walked down a beaten path that lead to a rundown mill. A sign read, 'Fairy Tail'. They walked through the doors and up to the current master of the guild.

The figure pulled down their hood to reveal a beautiful curvaceous women with light blonde almost white and light green eyes. Her hair falling to her waist in tendrils. Her green eyes have long since lost their spark from the hardships bestowed upon her at a young age. That spark of innocence was replaced with a hard calculating look.

  "Welcome back Khaleesi, Finley!" The master greeted with a mug of beer.

The girl pulls out a bag filled to the brim with jewels. "This should cover about 3 months."

The master's eyes widen at the bag resting on the bar. "How did you get all that? Jobs have been scarce not even the one's we have pay that much!" He questions.

"I guess it's the perk of being the Magic Council's mule. Don't put too much thought in to it. Is Romeo out with Bisca and Alzack again?" She questions sitting at the bar.

"Yeah. They left not too long ago." She nods and greeted the barmaid with a nod in thanks as her usual order of whiskey was placed in front of her.

She takes a gulp of the drink welcoming the burning sensation down her throat.

Things sure have changed since then. It's been almost 7 years since they disappeared. Even if their faces don't show it. I know they are hurting as much as I am. They wear a smile but their eyes show the anguish and pain. I don't think anything will ever be the same.

Her thoughts were cut short when the doors opened. Taking another gulp she looks at the frog that just walked into the guild and up to her. "Tch. You people are starting to piss me off. What is it this time? I just got back from the last job."

"Lady Khaleesi the Magic Council request that you deliver these." The frog said handing her an envelope with an address on it.

She scoffs turning around and finishing her drink. She got up from her seat grabbing the envelope and turned to her companion. "Finley."