XXIII

I skated my way to the rest of the group as they continued walking ahead. We came up to the huge village. "It's hard to believe something could freeze an entire city and everything around it so perfectly." Lucy stated looking around. Gray grunted.

"Strange, Warrod said all the people were frozen, but I don't see anyone around. I wonder where they are."Erza commented.
I stopped walking as I stared at the giants that stood frozen in place. I whistled looking up at him. Lucy, Erza, and Wendy gasps. Gray grunted while Natsu's reaction was one that I could of predicted. "Giant!" Natsu and Happy screamed with wide eyes. "Giant! Giant! Giant! Giant! Tiny. Giant! Giant!" Natsu exclaimed. My eyes twitched in annoyance at his perverted joke. "There's only three giants in front of us. And stop your yappin'." "For some reason, I feel like I was just the butt of a joke." Wendy spoke in confusion. I just patted her head.

"That old tree didn't say anything about giants!" Natsu exclaimed. I sighed heavily. "I'm sure he must've done that on purpose. Oh well. Perhaps he's got dry rot." Carla stated shocked. "Or termites!" Finley stated looking at the giants.

While the others talked I walked up to the giants and studied their position and stance. All men were in a defensive stance like they were protecting something. I looked past them in the direction behind their backs. If what Warrod was saying was true and they protect the flame then it should be to the south of them.

I rolled my eyes as Natsu tried melting the ice. Happy stood on the sidelines cheering him on. Natsu gave up after he made no progress. Gray then put his hand on the ice and analyzed it. I smelt the air before looking over to the right of me. I turned around waiting for whoever was there to come out.

After a couple of minutes I got impatient, "I know you're there. Come out!" I stated in a dull tone. They finally stepped out of hiding and looked down at us. The group gasped as I just looked at them blankly. "Well, well, well. Some uninvited guests. Every job has its shockers." The man with gray hair spoke. "I didn't expect it to be kids and their pets, though." A man with blue hair spoke. "Get lost! Ya dig?" A burly man with a swooped back hair style said. The group gasped while I just stood there bored.

"Who're you?" Erza questioned. "Obviously no one important if we don't know them." I said shrugging my shoulders. "Hey! Watch your tongue, ya brat!" The blue haired guy shouted. "A treasure hunting trio, baby!" The gray haired man spoke. "So pirates?" I questioned blankly. "We ain't pirates. We're the Slyph Labyrinth Guild!" The blue haired male spoke. "Ya dig?" The brute exclaimed. "Very well." Erza spoke. "Why are you all so calm? Aren't you suprised that another guilds here?" Happy asked us. "Not in the least. I learned to expect the unexpected being in Fairy Tail." I spoke shaking my head. "Nah. This stuff happens all the time." Natsu said. "Yup." Gray spoke. I decided to take a seat on the giant's toe. This is clearly not going to be a short introduction.

"I've never heard of a treasure hunter guild." Wendy spoke. "That's 'cause they're pirates." I said. "We ain't pirates, lady!" "The title probably tells us everything we need to know." Lucy said looking over at Wendy. I hummed nodding my head. "Mhm. Of course. They're shipless pirates." I stated bored. "I don't think that's it either!" Lucy exclaimed. "Well I guess it only makes sense that even people like these guys would wanna be part of a guild too." Wendy spoke.

"Sorry, kids, but we've had dibs on the treasure here for awhile now. Why don't you go find your own." The grey haired man spoke. "As expected from someone with a greedy mentality, inflated ego, and big mouth." I huffed out crossing my arms. "Not interested." Natsu stated. "I think we're just fine stayin' here." Gray spoke. "Oh, ya think so? I think you should leave unless ya wanna be target practice." The grey haired spoke again. My eyes narrowed at his statement. "Not looking for treasure? There's gotta be something that got you to come all the way out here!" The blue hair spoke. "Spill it!" The brute shouted down at us.