XII

Every guild was present at the center of Crocus at the Lee-Een Crystal Plaza waiting for the King to make his announcement. I looked over to see all the guilds that competed in the Games and more surrounding us. "KHALEESI!" I looked over to the voice only for something to collide into my chest. "Finley?" Erza said wondering where the others are. "Fin! Is everything okay? Are Lucy and Yukino free? Hey...what's wrong?" I looked at Fin's shaking form as she started sobbing into my chest. "Hey, Finley...what happened?" I held her as sobs wrecked through her body. "You ran into the Hungry Wolf Knights, didn't you?" She nodded her head still sobbing. I sighed," Hey. It's okay now. I knew something like this would happen." Finley looked up still crying, "No it's not that. It's something far worse then them." "Huh? Is everyone okay?" I looked down at her. As she started sobbing again. I held her tightly comforting her.

The king stepped forward with knights behind him. He looked down in a solemn mood for a minute. He looked up as his eyes grew serious, "Thank you all for coming. I hate to spoil the mood after the splendid display of wizardry we've seen today, but...I'm afraid, Fiore's heart may soon be in the claws of a dragon horde." This captured everyone's attention "I thought Acnologia was the only one?" Gramps questioned.

"As we speak, a large-scale counter-offensive is underway at the castle." The crowd gasped as my eyes narrowed. "The Eclispe Cannon. We will use it to wipe out the attack of dragons, all ten-thousand of them, at once." The crowd murmured to each other. I looked down at Finley "Hey Finley, this Eclipse Cannon that he speaks of...he isn't talking about the Eclipse Gate...right? Finley looked up me. "Yeah, why?" I sighed as my eyes hardened and I stepped forward. "Your Majesty, with all due respect... but given the circumstances, whoever told you the information about the Eclipse Gate having the power of an Etherious Cannon is wrong." I was met with a sword to my throat, "How dare you speak to the king like that?" I glared at the man who pointed his sword at my neck, grabbing his sword and pushing it away from my neck. "Khaleesi?" "What the hell are ya doin', kid?" "She's finally lost it!" "We can just plead for insanity for her." I heard members of my guild sound out. My stare hardened, "I did say with all due respect...didn't I? Think about it. You would be able to hear a single dragon before they were even an hour away let alone thousands of 'em like its claimed."

"Are you doubting the king? We could kill you for treason." A few more guards came up pointing their weapons at me. I quickly put Finley down behind me. "I'm just speaking on the facts that I know." I grabbed the staff of the knight who was closest to me, pulling him forward and punching him. I then used the blunt side of the staff to swing and knock the others out. I threw the staff just missing the head of another knight who was getting ready to run at me. "I speak on matters that don't revolve around your insolent threats. Now shut up and let me finish, you insubordinate swine. Declare me a traitor if you must. I am not afraid to fight you and your army, when there are more pressing matters, if it comes to that sir." I growled out. "Get her!" A knight shouted. "STOP! STAND DOWN MEN! She is not someone you want to make an enemy out of. I apologize for my men's behavior, child." I nodded. "Heed my advice your majesty, this Eclipse Gate is nothing more than what it is. It is nothing but a doorway. If you decide to go through with this and open it then the blood of innocent lives will be on your hands. Just thought this is something you should be warned about. I think your underestimating the magnitude of a dragon's mass and sheer destructive force they are capable of. But that is to be expected since the lot of you haven't seen one in person. Only through books and the word of tongue. If there are ten-thousand as you speak, then this kingdom will not be the only one annihilated. You may continue your majesty." I said slightly bowing and falling back into line. "Unfortunately, under the circumstances I have no choice, but to take drastic measures my dear, just incase ten-thousand do arrive." The King said solemnly. "Understood. I may be in disagreement of these actions, but I will stand by your decision and help since the safety of this kingdom is of utmost importance" I said nodding my head.