If I Could || Seeing Ghosts

On the jump ship, Ray gave Kara an earpiece that would keep her in contact with the rest of the team and Sara filled them in on the closest point their seismograph showed the aberration to be. Without being able to see it and just hearing Sara's description, her best guess was it was close to Argo City, one of Krypton's principal cities.

Once the ship broke through the atmosphere, she gave him directions to keep high with the clouds until he saw red waters then approach the domed city by them, it would be the way they'd expect Sol-Van to come from.

As Kara had predicted, the landing pad Ray chose had a waiting party of armored Sapphire guards as well as the city's leader— her father.

"You have to tell them you found this ship and fixed it, when they ask, that—" Kara began in a rush only to inhale a sharp breath as she realized Ray didn't know her people's language. "Second thought, keep quiet. Soon as you say a word of English, they'll know you're not from Krypton."

The scientist perks up at the mention of the language barrier and shakes his head, "Oh, don't worry. We have these little green pills that allow us to understand and speak any language. It's really neat actually—"

Kara cuts him off as she catches the approach of the guards from the corner of her eye, "That's really cool Ray, but still, let me do most of the talking."

"Uh, right."

Unfastening herself from the seat, Kara heads for the door and exits with a deep breath, trying to steady her pounding heart. The blonde doesn't make it farther than the hull when the Sapphire Guards make it clear, without a word, she's to go no further; soon she feels the presence behind her, that she's sure is the cause for the confusion on her father's face. He's furrowing his brows, and there's a crinkle forming in between right where she gets her own, bringing the realization now who it came from.

"Sol-Van? Kryp khep zha ahvrig bim ni zhgam." (We have no notice to your approach.)

"I found this ship in my excursions and fixed it up to fly, but it's communications are more geological based," Ray replies smoothly to Zor-El, in perfect kryptonese, astonishing Kara even though she knew about the capabilities to this little green pill he mentioned before.

"It hasn't been five cycles and you've already sprouted up like a Dar-Essa." Zor-El's eyes shift to Kara and a lump formed in her throat at the scrutiny he gave, eyeing her like a stranger. "Who is this, with my house's sigil no less, and yet I've never laid eyes on her before?"

Kara dipped her head toward her father, it was all she could do not to throw herself at the man and grip him in a near bone-crushing hug, "I am sorry to bear what isn't my own. Sol-Van was kind enough to lend me this, after he rescued me from hrakka's that terrorized my small district. He told me it belonged to his sister."

Moments of silenced passed on as Zor-El took into consideration Kara's story, and just when the tension was beginning to feel unbearable, one of the guards stepped up to whisper in her father's ear. Words not meant for her or Ray to hear, but some words she caught nevertheless, "The intruder. . .chamber seems stable. . .unclear intentions."

Zor-El passed a glance over Ray and the blonde once more before a smile took his lips, "Come, I will host you at the villa so you may rest. If you intend to go see Lara, I insist you stop and meet your niece Kara, first."

Kara's eyes widened slightly as she glanced sideways toward the taller male questioningly, worried more or less that this is the kind of trouble that Sara was wanting them not to get into, but Ray seemed mostly undisturbed by the turn of events. He was more or less calm as Zor-El began to lead them away, toward a land speeder that would take them from the landing pad through the outskirts of the city's circulatory system, just inside the dome. That's where they'd find Kara's childhood home, with its colonnaded entrance and her mother's two brightly lit geodesic greenhouses.

A tall dark-haired woman was standing at the entrance waiting on their arrival, with a young blonde pressed into her side, no space between shoulder and hip. It was frighteningly exciting to see herself in the past, standing at her mother's side so blissfully unaware. Allura gave Kara more of a curious look than Zor-El had, and the super remembered when she had found Argo that her mother recognized her though it had been years, a mother's instinct Kara supposed.

"Allura, you remember Sol-Van, Ki-Van's son? I insisted on a brief detour before he and his friend journey onward to see Jor-El and Lara." Zor-El explains then gives a kiss to Allura's cheek before looking to the guards and the woman nods understandingly as he moves off toward them.

"You'll have to excuse my husband, he has work to attend, but Kara and I are more than capable of hosting our family and his friend." She smiles, the gesture turning softer as it is set on Kara. The super couldn't help but return it. "If you'll follow me, I'm sure we can find something suitable to eat, I'm sure you're both very hungry."

Turning, Allura and younger Kara started back inside and the super began after them until a hand came out to stay her. She looked up with furrowed brows at Ray and he watched the pair get ahead of them before looking back down at her speaking in a hushed tone, "That guard mentioned something about an intruder back there to your—dad?"

She'd completely forgotten about that, what they'd overheard, or that she hadn't fully brought Ray up to speed on who was who or what. "Yeah, my dad was sort of the leader of Argo. . ." Her lips pursed as she tried remembering what the guard said exactly, or what she heard. "He mentioned a chamber. . . The only chamber of importance that I know of is the genesis chamber, it's primary is in Kandor but after the dome was built around Argo, there were rumors that a second chamber was built here. Even more, rumors that my uncle Jor-El was the first to use it. . ."

There was silence then Allura's call to them, spurring them both to follow and another rushed whisper from Ray, "Don't touch anything, don't say anything future-y and interact as little as possible with yourself." He straightened and his hand went up to his ear momentarily, "I think I know what our aberration is, someone's trying to erase Superman."