Varys Paradox || All My Grief to Bare

Sara sat numbly against the wall, eyes fastened on the little pools of blood that surrounded the med bay chair in front of her. They weren't as shiny as when first made, having spent quite a while stagnant, it had dried up considerably. The blonde felt it coating her hands like a thin glove, the familiar metallic smell that accompanied it was faint, the voices that came and went did so at a dull roar.

She couldn't bare to bring her gaze upward, the thought gripping her chest made it unbearable to fill her lungs; to continue to do so greedily, while those inside of Kara had been stilled and would never breathe again.

At least that's what Gideon announced.

"...Sara? Sara?" The voice was gentle, the face in her peripheral was marked with concern and their reaching hand intent to relay physical comfort, but the captain's hand snapped out to intercept it in a firm grasp around the wrist.

"Sara—" blues flash to see her co-captain wincing and after a moment, the canary's grip released.

Silence rose up as Ava rubbed the reddened skin, lips pursed as she considered the best way to try and speak to the captain, the best way without it getting physical. "Sara, it's been hours. We left a lot of people behind and... you need to talk to the girl."

The blonde that remained sitting on the floor, who had been staring straight ahead for hours finally lifted her gaze, and it was terrifying.

"Ava—" Sara begins, her voice was low and gravely thanks to the screaming and crying she'd done. "If I go in there, if I see her... There will be no talking. I will rip her heart out and feed it to her!"

Ava swallows, her eyes have found a place beyond Sara to focus on as the wave of rage hits, reminding herself that this was coming from a place that was hurting right now — deeply.

Swallowing again, blinking back the stinging in the corner's of her eyes, Ava clears her throat. "I know that this is hard—"

A resounding "no" came from the captain, her head beginning to shake as her eyes closed.

"...and it is unfair what's happened—" Ava continues. "—but this is not going to do Varys any good."

"Stop..." Sara quietly pleads.

"You need to get up off of your ass and help us figure out a plan—"

"Stop." She demands, her brows furrowing over darkening blues.

"Sara!" Ava snaps, taking command of the other's attention. "Kara doesn't want you just sitting around while you're daughter is in danger!"

Before Ava could react, Sara had her pinned against the wall, her chest heaving with rage. That wasn't the only indication, the darkness inside of her eyes accented by the dark red rimmed lids, sent chills up Ava's spine.

"S-Sara...?" She swallows the lump of fear that rose in her throat.

"Here's a thought... why don't you go and do your job of co-captain, hmm?" the captain says through gritted teeth. Slowly, she began to apply pressure to the forearm pinning Ava's throat, her breaths coming out in short, sharp bursts. "Or do I have to make you?"

Ava's eyes widen, her hands coming up to try and pry Sara's arm off of her neck. There was a craving; Sara wanted to feel the bones snap, to hear the rattle of a final breath, to see life go out of the eyes.  "Sara, please... Stop." The blonde's grip loosens, and Ava falls to the ground, gasping for air.

"Leave me alone." Sara's voice is barely above a whisper, but the anger and pain in her tone are palpable.

Ava stares up at her, her own anger beginning to bubble up inside of her. "No." She says firmly, pushing herself up to her feet. "I won't leave you alone, Sara. You need help, and I'm not going to let you push me away." Sara's eyes narrow, but Ava stands her ground, her own eyes blazing with determination. "We're going to get through this together. All of us, just like we normally do."