Scars to Your Beautiful

A light breeze blew in through the open window, the few fans that had been put out were trying to circulate and cool the apartment down. The weather had been temperamental of late, giving Kara's heating and AC units a workout until they decided to quit working altogether. The Kryptonian could muddle through the weekend, tank top and boxer briefs alone, until the building maintenance could get to it Monday; but she couldn't say the same for her guest.

The squeak of the shower's knob twisting, pulled the blonde out of the book she was currently reading, head popping up as her light azures dart to the bathroom door like a trained animal who knows the sound that entails a treat is coming. The water died away, the curtain was pulled back and very soon that door was going to open. Tearing her eyes away from it, Kara began to hunt around herself on the bed she'd been comfortably perched for the last half hour almost, for the bookmark. Somehow, as most things do oddly, it ended up wedged halfway under her thigh despite her reasoning with herself she'd placed it in an entirely separate spot.

No sooner than the rectangle thick paper had been slipped into the book, and the book closed, than the door opened to reveal a much shorter blonde wrapped in a towel and still dripping. Kara could feel her cheeks heating up, but she didn't look away as the woman approached the bed, stopping at its edge.

"I'm trusting you not to turn me into a popsicle," she says, a dark brow slightly arched as she gives the super a pointed look.

Kara rolls her eyes, setting aside the book so she could shift onto her knees and crawl toward the bed's edge, resting back on the heels of her feet, "You're the one who came up with the idea, Sara. Turn and drop the towel."

Baby blues narrowed slightly, "I'm going to pretend I didn't hear how hot you just sounded, because I would kiss you right now, but I know I won't stop." The super had no intention of meaning it as such, and she was left with deep crimson cheeks as Sara turned, letting the damp towel slide off to expose her bare body completely to Kara.

This was not the first time that the Kryptonian had seen the captain naked, and this was not the first time seeing the scars that marked Sara's body or that they gave Kara pause to wonder about them. Sara didn't talk much about them, and Kara knows that the captain has caught the Kryptonian looking once or twice; the super never really asked, she figured that if she was going to be told, she would be when the other was ready. Though Sara seemed to be a bit like Oliver; stingy in details pertaining to those years missing from society.

"Hey, Super, I'll have to go take another shower if you wait much longer."

The Kryptonian shook her head, being called out of her thoughts, "Okay, brace yourself." Kara mumbles, not entirely confident about the idea and begins from Sara's left shoulder moving across slowly, blowing out a cold breath.

According to Sara, she could have just taken a cold shower to cool off, but warm water cleans better, and if Kara did her freeze breath it would be like soaking in an ice bath. That was the theory, the plan at least, as long as Kara kept control and didn't use too much.  

On her next slow sweep a little lower, Kara came to one of the scars near the center of Sara's back by the right shoulder blade and stopped altogether— staring. A few heartbeats passed before the super's fingers came up without her fully realizing, to brush along the jagged thin edge before dragging them down along the raised skin. She noted the muscles tensing up underneath, the hitch in Sara's breath, then the cease of her upper body expanding and deflating altogether. This stayed Kara's hand and her eyes lifted as if she would be looking up into baby blues, instead finding the damp dark blonde locks.

"Sword or spear?" The Kryptonian asks, remembering Felicity saying in one of her speedy stumbling conversations about the time Sara had died; how she'd looked over the captain's body and wondered how on earth she could "survive swords and spears, a freakin' grenade and God knows what else, but arrows" took the canary's life.