Varys Paradox||Tipping Point

One step and Kara was grabbing at Sara who was slightly in front of her as they both turned.

"Kara!" Sara cried, as she grasped at the sinking Kryptonian to keep her from falling to the ground, a strong arm wrapping around Kara.

A grunt fell past the super's lips, then a groan as she reached for her side, where she felt a sticky wet mess. Her fingers pull away to reveal crimson tips observed by a pair of disbelieving blues under a set of furrowed brow. "He-he shot me."

It wasn't the leader on the ship that she'd meant, but the alien standing with the struggling freckled girl that Kara had seen while up in the sky grasped in one hand, while his other held a modified gun. Modified with Kryptonian technology.

This close, when the blonde looked up at them, she thought she saw a real spark of familiarity amidst a set of worried and frightened features. The young teenager's compassion became canvased with wrath, leaving more questions in Kara's mind as she attempted better focus, but the shock of the bullet inside her blurred the world as her legs gave way.

The heroines frame crumpled to the ground, her hand still clinging to Sara tightly, who went down to one knee in front of Kara to form a shield. Pain crawled through her veins with fiery thorns that ripped through the tissue, creeping out like deadly vines from her side that was housing the shattered bullet of kryptonite in its center. Inching its way up her arm and across her chest, seeping outwards into the rest of the torso, consuming her as the poison left it's glowing mark.

A whimper escapes her lips and she can feel tears trying to emerge, she swallows the rising lump and balls her fist, her jaw clamping down as she tries to regain composure.

"Hey, hey let me look, just let me look-" Sara urges the other.

Kara didn't want her to see, but in this state she could barely do a thing to refuse. Blues focused on the canary whose entire focus had shifted from the fight to the super. The captain's sharp visage held a shaky mask to her worry, to fear, to vulnerability. The appearing line of water along the rim of Sara's eyes worried Kryptonian. Sara's jaw tightened as Kara felt her hand moved by the other, she felt a pulse rush to the pressure freed site and a roar of pain ripped up her side, with a hiss of air sucked in and hand clamped down on the other's arm. Kara wasn't as strong, but she knows that she still has the strength to cause damage to humans and feeling a light crackle under her fingertips, she realized part of her wife's humerus she held onto was broken under her grip. Sara didn't react though and because Kara had been the cause of the injury, she still felt some relief knowing the canary could still keep disciplined in a moment of pain. Though it didn't stop her guilt about it.

She gulps another whine back.

"Okay, it didn't go very deep, but I do see a lot of small shards. We have to get you out of here and get those out or—" watching Sara begin to lose that steely composure because Kara was hurt made the super angry, wanting to take the captain out of harm's way and deal with the cause herself.

"I know the 'or'." She says, cutting the canary off, with each heartbeat numbing the raging fire. Sara's 'or' meant running away and saving Kara, she had another in mind. "The 'or' is us making sure these guys are taken care of before there's another universal crisis on our hands. Just help me up, I'll be fine." Kara begins to crawl up Sara, blood staining the white canary suit as she used the canary to get back to her feet whether the help was being offered or not, adrenaline coursing through her alien veins fighting off the spreading kryptonite. Fighting off the pain.

Though she knows it won't last forever.

"I did learn to fight without my powers." She assures the other.