Early Bird Catches the Super

Clouds covered the skies of National City, but it didn't stop the sun from peeking through every now and then. Kara wasn't a morning person, 𝒈𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚; if she didn't have to work she wouldn't rise before mid-morning, but she was too wound to sleep any longer. Her bed wasn't empty, her dreams hadn't been void or bleak, and her rest had been exceptional.

Turning her head, she sees the blonde that was not a native to National City and once upon a time, this earth; looking peaceful as her slumber continued on. For a brief moment, Kara thought about saying good morning, but how often was it that Sara endured such a sleep as this? It seemed cruel to wake her. Yet, she was impatient to see those baby blues, and hear the woman's soft lulling voice; that if Sara wanted, could scare the hide off a lion, Kara was sure.

Light azure irises trace Sara's features; from her dark brows, down her sharp nose, the rounded high cheeks dotted with light freckles, along her defined jaw to her dimpled chin right up to those naturally pale pink full lips, that at the moment were slightly parted. That's where Kara's eyes lingered, where she wanted her own lips to be.

The Kryptonian found herself leaning in to fulfill the need, when she was only centimeters away and suddenly she felt a flush of embarrassment with her own cheeks heating at the realization of what she'd been planning on doing. She'd been thinking about kissing Sara awake. How cliche and possibly sad- no selfish- was that?

Suddenly, Kara was staring into a set of lethargic, half-opened baby blues, "Well if you won't do it, I will." A sleep laced voice mumbled out.

She was too stunned to respond one way or the other, until Sara's lips were on hers and the Kryptonian melted out of the shock. It didn't last long, and Kara almost whined, but caught herself. Sara seemed to sense it, she was smiling with amusement though her eyes weren't opened and a hand reached out to run through Kara's touseled blonde locks with a content sight, "G'morning, Super," she mumbles.

Kara nuzzled into the touch, her eyes closing as she inched closer until she was curled up completely beside the Legend with her face buried into Sara's chest, just as she had been when they'd fallen asleep.

"Morning, Sara," she answers softly back.

Morning indeed.