If I Could || Going Home

Kara fought against them, screamed with the agony that ripped up her chest, right from her shattering heart. She felt her entire body falling apart, as the pounding ache in her chest drummed out the last dregs of hope it had been clinging to, until there was this unimaginable painful void.

"𝑷𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒆!" Kara wails, tears rolling out the corners of her eyes as Mick and Nate finally managed to pin her arms down to the chair. There was a sickening snap when she twists away quickly, trying to escape, but all she had managed to do was pull her shoulder from its socket while tearing the ligaments.

"Gideon!" Sara shouted.

"I have given Miss Danvers a sedative, and once the arm is repositioned, I can begin treating the torn tissue."

She felt the liquid pouring through her veins, felt the burning in her shoulder stabbing like knives as Kara still tried to get away to no avail, then she heard— no she 𝒇𝒆𝒍𝒕 — the soul-crushing explosion as the black danced along the super's outer vision.

"You left them to die!" She spat at Sara, though the venom was in the words, Kara could hardly do a thing about them as the dark claimed her.

------------------

Kara's eyes opened sluggishly and took their time to adjust, blinking away the grogginess that had clouded her vision. When it cleared, she found herself looking up into synthetic strips of light with little familiarity.

"Sleeping beauty awakes!" Turning her head, blue hues focus on a blonde walking with a small smirk toward her, arms crossed over her chest.

"Sara?" Kara's brows furrowed slightly as she took another look around her and recognized the med bay of the Waverider. "You kidnapped me?" She pulls herself up, then carefully gets out of the chair and straightens up. The last thing she remembers was being at the D.E.O., getting some sun time after a fight with an alien really drained her.

"I'd prefer to call it human relocation, but it really doesn't sound good any way you slice it. 𝑩𝒖𝒕, gotta give me some credit, Supes, it wasn't exactly the easiest kidnapping in history." Sara comes to stand in front of the Kryptonian, looking very pleased with herself and under different circumstances, Kara might actually find it enduring. "And being captain of a time ship, I should know."

"And why did you feel the need to 𝒌𝒊𝒅𝒏𝒂𝒑 me instead of just asking me for help? That is what you're needing, I assume?"

Sara clicked her tongue, winking and shooting Kara a singular finger gun simultaneously, before nodding, "You got it."

"Approaching the Corvus constellation, LHS 2520, September 21 in the year 1979." Kara's brows knitted together at the disembodied report from Gideon, thinking it over as Sara seemed to go from playful to serious in a matter of seconds.

"Thank you, Gideon," she says and shoots Kara a brief look that danced along the edge of worry before she's off, briskly walking. She didn't tell Kara to follow but didn't exactly have to tell the Kryptonian, she did so anyway; pulled by the curiosity, until the super found herself on deck with the rest of the Legends.

"Just in time, didn't think you wanted to miss this," Ray says with an excited grin on his features while strapping in beside Mick with the rest following, giving her a warning she should as well. She was going to politely decline, but Sara insisted and who was she to argue against the 𝒄𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒂𝒊𝒏 of the ship.

The green waves disappeared, and suddenly Kara found herself looking at a familiar scene. A rush of emotions flooded her, squeezed her insides then all at once, she couldn't breathe. She was trying, 𝒅𝒆𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒚 trying to gasp for air, but nothing made it into her lungs; even though her chest was moving, and even though she was telling herself to breathe in and out, 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 made it in. It was as though there just wasn't any oxygen anymore in this small space, a space she knew in the back of her mind was larger than her loft, but she couldn't communicate that to what was controlling the perceptions of size.