Pitiful Pizza Party

"Why can't we watch the competition again?" Miguel asked as he sat on the couch and pouted. He was really excited about seeing the ladies face off.

"Because Delilah said I make her nervous." Emma answered.

"So because you're not allowed, neither am I?" He tosses his hands up.

"Stop sulking, Miguel. It's unbecoming." Emma put down the magazine she was looking at and went to the kitchen.

  Cyn sat next to Miguel and got cozy. "Guns are loud and scary anyway. Unless they're just on a game. Like this." Cyn held up her handheld gaming device to show him. She was once afraid of Miguel but now she wasn't. She even liked him. He kept her Daddy safe.

  Miguel shook his head no. He was no good at games like that. He watched the little woman with a curiosity. Cyn was always so sweet and polite. Seemed like she didn't have a care in the world. The only time he'd seen her otherwise is that day in Lilah's office. He knew Delilah said something about her being little one day when he asked about her behavior but he wanted to know more. "Cynthia."

She was very focused on her game. She heard him say her name but she couldn't be bothered with looking away from her screen at the time. "Hm?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"Yo."

"Have you always been little?" He asked.

"Pretty much. I stopped growing when I was like fourteen it feels like." She shrugged and kept playing her game.

  He chuckled. "No. No. I mean you're a little right?"

Cyn paused her game and looked up at him. "Yes."

"So I was just curious about it. That's all."

Cyn smiled. "Okay. Are you a little too??" She got on her knees and got closer to Miguel. He leaned back a little.

Emma walked back in with a few crackers in her hand. She was starving but trying to wait until Delilah and Daniella came back so they could all eat together. "Sweets. Personal space." She reminded her. Sometimes when Cyn got excited about something she forgot to give people a little room to breathe.

  "Sorry, Miguel." Cyn scooted back just a enough to not be in his bubble.

  "It's okay. No, I'm not. I just want to know what it's like for you. Do you always feel that way?"

  Cyn nodded. "Yeah. Pretty much. Before I knew Mo.." she paused. Would he think she was weird for calling them Mommy and Daddy? It didn't matter. "Before I knew Mommy, I always felt kinda out of place or weird you know? It was hard making decisions and being responsible all day every day. My exes thought I was weird and stuff but now it's definitely different."

Emma smiled while Cyn was talking. It made her feel good that Cyn was having such a positive experience partly because of her.

Miguel nodded. "Mommy is... Delilah?"

"No. She's Daddy."

Miguel rolled his eyes. "Of course she is."

Cyn giggled. "They help me and play with all the time. They make sure I'm safe and happy. It's really fun."

  "So you act like this no matter who's around?"

  "No I usually try to be bigger when our friends are around even though Mommy says I don't have to. But I don't want people to make fun of me. I know most people won't get it."

Miguel was one of those people but he didn't think Cyn or anyone else should be ashamed of who they are. "I'd never make fun of you, Cynthia."

"Thank you, Miguel." She wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him.